My 79 Century Turbo Coupe pic

Well I can't go to either this year so I'm looking foward to Noble. Have you heard about the Turbobuick nationals yet? In NC and sponsored by the owner of this board.

I like it. Will it be at the BG nats this year? I hope to make it out or at least cruise some after work.

Wow your car looks very great. The TC is the coolest Century of that time imo! Im looking to get that look too! (but the NA way.)

There is a couple of old Hot Rod magazine which talk of your car...which give tuning tips and bring down quarter miles times to 13.50 (with the help of NOS of course) July, August and december 79.

Take a look at Motor Trend magazine, September 78: There is a 79 TC road test: The funny thing is that it look closely like yours: same color as yours ;) You'll see it right on the front cover.
Cool car again! Id love to have one, Im jealous :wink:

Does the LC2 drivetrain fit into these Century's?

That is my plan. It should be pretty straight forward. Swap the frame/drivetrain and swap the dash/wiring. It all looks to be pretty interchangable ;):biggrin::eek:

T-CHRGD sent ya a PM

Hi T-CHRGD I've sent ya a PM let me know if you did not get it! Iwill most likely have this car at the Buick GS Nats in Bowling Green Ky this year so if anyone sees me introduce yourself and we'll have a good chat about buicks:D:biggrin::D:)

rare car

I've got a '78 all original Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon Brougham 4-4-2.

It shares the exact body style as the century coupe.

Have had the car a very long time and I'm always looking for interior rear window trim/panels.

If anyone comes across some solid, useable panels, let me know.

Cheers...and enjoy the stares and thumbs up everywhere you go ;)

I love those things! I know I'm in a small circle of people who do but I can't help it, I grew up in that era. I blame Bill Porterfield and that mid engine 442 he built! Cool cars for sure. You ought to go on OldsPower.com and post some pics of it.

Hi,I'm always on the BuickV8 site and visit this site but I have not posted much here.I just thought I would share a pic or two of my 79 Buick Century Turbo Coupe because I didn't see any pictures of these on the B4Black section here.I'm the 2nd owner.Anyone one else got one?
Hi,I'm always on the BuickV8 site and visit this site but I have not posted much here.I just thought I would share a pic or two of my 79 Buick Century Turbo Coupe because I didn't see any pictures of these on the B4Black section here.I'm the 2nd owner.Anyone one else got one?

Hi Rusty. Haven't been on this site in a long time. Do you still have your Turbo Coupe ? I also have one. Mine is a 79. I'm also a 2nd owner. Bought mine in 2007 with 12,000 actual miles. It now has 22,000. If you would like to see more pictures, go to Facebook & type in 1979-80 Buick Century Turbo Coupe. Feel free to post pictures also.