mt et pro or hoosier qtp, which do you prefer

20psiofevil

And why? My hoosier qtp's 27-10.5-15 on the car now are toast. Actually lost a money race at the strip tonight because I blew the tires off. I should had won also so this motivates me even more to dump some money into a set of tires. I am bummed!

Was looking at the mt pro but they have 2 different types. One has r2 compound and the other is r5. The hoosier qtp's claim a tube is needed? I bought mine used and very well may have tubes in them.

The goal is to get this car back to where it was or faster. 6.3's would be the ultimate goal but believe I'm gonna need 1.4's to get me there.

Gonna try the et pro's. They are bigger than my qtp's, even without air in them. Anyone running these please chime in!

Attachments

• IMG_20160817_195232908.jpg
    IMG_20160817_195232908.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 280
  • IMG_20160817_195310028.jpg
    IMG_20160817_195310028.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 206
ET PROS are awesome. They hook like a SOB

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I just bought a set of pros and took them to the track once. I started with 15psi in them and only a 5 mile ride to scuff them in. I wasnt very impressed the first time out, wondering what you guys are running for pressure anx if you did anything special to break them in? I only got 3 runs and tried different length burnouts but the track got slick as the night went on so i didnt get any repeatable results. Im running 275/60/15s on a 8.5" wide wheel.

I run 17 to 18lbs in them. Didnt do anything special. Even on an unprepped track on street car night, i went 1.39 in the 9 sec car.

I run on street night exclusively and my best 60' (1.53) was on a 12 year old set of petrified et streets! Ill experiment more with the new pros, in theory they should be better in every way

Stupid Honda's tearing up the starting line didn't help you either.:eek:

I talked to a guy with almost exact same combo as me with the exception of his upr suspension to my eibach pro kit with strange shocks/struts and he is cutting 1.3 60's with these tires. 18psi launch. This gets me excited to try these out lol.

Just an update. Installed an extreme duty arb from steeda and went out a cut a 1.51 60' and it was still spinning. Found a deal on a new set of team z street beast uppers (have tubular poly lowers already) and installed those ( the stock control arm rubber bushings were eat up bad) adjusted pinion angle down 2* from the drive shaft and the car went 1.29 60' with 6.38 @ 108. The car is finally working!! 17-18 psi with a 50 shot coming in at 5100rpm. Car really like to shift around 6100 rpm.

I'm done racing for the year but have to pull the trans out of the car. Intermintent issue shifting into 2nd gear. Every other pass it would drag rpm down to mid 4000rpm like it was trying to lock the converter. Very weird. I have some good logs I need to review so maybe the answer is in there some where. Other than that I am very happy with the et pro's and like them a lot more than the softer qtp's.

Im running the mt 315/60/15 et pro,it's an awesome tire inmo far superior to the qtp hoosier.

Update to my comment above, i tried some longer burnouts and found the sweet spot, cutting consistent 1.48 60' now with these, they dead hook! Not sure if they just needed to be scuffed or heat cycled a few more times or what but im completely sold on them now! Also, im shocked how little theyve worn down considering the amount of rubber on my quarters! Looks like ill get a full season of street nights out of them no problem

Da was around 1700-1900 all day. It usually runs in the low 4000's during the summer. Wheelies are the shit lol. I'm gonna upload a video to my fb page this week sometime.

Some time back, we did a series of instrumented tire tests w/ the MT engineers....Interesting results.
ET Streets were very close to slick performance, yadda, yadda. We also concluded tire temp from the burnouts was significant in the short time performance of all tires we tested.
AIRC, w/o looking at the data, slicks and Et's worked best at track temp + 10*. We were in the heat of the s. GA summer, at 98* ambient. We recorded temps, psi, wheel speeds, short times, burnout time, tire scuff patterns, same dr, same car, {87 F body, Random Tech suspension}, same day, same track, etc, etc.
Pics, videos of tire wall reaction were interesting.
The engineer commented on long, smoky burnouts: "Great for tire sales, useless for performance."
Dry hops are NOT suggested.
This is most likely outdated "Stuff"...I'll see if I can find the records.