Mr. Clarks Oct 08 ZDDP 1st Annual Event!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Huge thanks to Mr. Richard Clark for putting on such a wonderful FREE event, even free food! Even the rain Friday night didn't damper this great event. Still got runs Sat. morning with Mr. Cotton taking the Buick Cup home!

Sat. afternoon brought the best of the best out for seminars and just open question's! Had everything a GN enthusiast would ever want or need to know. From Engines, Trans, Suspension, Engine Management, Turbo's. etc... As Clint said at the track, there isn't a problem in the world with a TR that couldn't' be fixed with all the knowledge there!

Mr. Clark was gracious enough to provide full access to his facility and we were all able to see a number of GNX's, GN's, T's, etc... Also had the dyno going Friday night and Saturday with a Big Screen set up so everyone could see what was going on!

Dennis Kirban and his staff came down and was a huge part of this also, big thanks to Mr. Kirban, his wife and crew. And as always, great to see Pete Hoffman! While having lunch Mr. Kirban played a game of TR Trivia, that was cool!

After lunch tons of door prizes where given away. Some very expensive and NICE parts were donated by many of the TurboBuick.com sponsors. I hope somebody posts a list of what all was given away!

I got a change to meet many members I haven't meet before, it was great to meet you all! I also got to see some great members I have meet over the years at other events etc... Nice to see you all!

Big thanks to the Turbo6 group for showing up in full force as usual. Big shot out to Cherly!!!!

Got a chance to talk with all the TurboBuick.com sponsors that were there, all gracious and fine people. It is nice to see these guys in person every so often. There was Dan from DLS, Jack Cotton, Cal Hartline, Jason Cramer RJC, Chris from CK, Juilo aka RAZOR, Paul from H&R, Mr. Dennis Kirban, and finally got to meet Harry from Precision Turbo! I thanked each one of them for supporting this board and the community in general! All of these help keep us going in these cars and making us faster. Hats off to them!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to JayC and Randy and Eric from BWR coming out and showing off our new car!

Thanks to Clint aka Sydwyndr! He put his heart into this!

Please post all your pics in this thread, I want to see them all. I was so busy talking I didn't get a chance to take one picture...

Finally, I want to thank Mr. Clark again. What a gracious host and outstanding gentleman! Thanks for everything you do for the Turbo Buick community Mr. Clark. It will not be forgotten!!!!

X2! Met some some great people from all over, and really enjoyed the event. Bought some stuff I had been wanting from a couple vendors..even got Julio to install a kit purchase..thanks big guy. Thanks for the generousity Richard Clark. Shane....that car is going to be BAD-A$$ED when finished. There were LOT'S of GN's, T's and a TTA at the strip and I enjoyed looking each and every one of them over! Big thumbs up for all the behind the scene work putting this one together! :smile:

Wow that sounds like a great group of people.
I would love to see some pics!!!

Thanks goes out to EVERYONE involved in making this event happen....especially Richard Clark! I had a great time meeting members and getting some "one on one" time with some of the sponsors!

wow

thanks to everyone involved,Clint did a excellent job. another thanks to Richard,i was blown away by his knowledge,tools/test equipment,facility "toy box",and most of all was his willingness to help others all weekend long.i don't see how he ran all day(s) long like he did.
nothing will prepare you until you go and see his shop.
thanks Richard, i will be back if you have this open house again,i was so much like a kid in a candy store,i didn't even take a single pic.watching/learning to dyno was fantastic.good to meet everyone i did, nice to put faces to a screen names :cool:
Gary k.

This is so cool, I only hope I can attend one of these events and meet everyone as well:cool:

Shane your post was a great overview of the event! Our Southeast GM Turbo Power6 group was out in full force this weekend. I hope all who took pics post em up! For those who couldn't make the trip from outside NC, you really missed a top notch event! Can't say THANK YOU enough to Richard C, the Kirban's, and all the vendors & techs that made this all happen. Clint you did a SUPER job! Shane thank you for all your support to our NC group,

Thanks Mr. Clark for such a great event, Thanks Clint for all you have done and nice meeting you.. It was awesome! It was really nice putting faces with everyone.. Thanks.....

Allen Locklear
Greensboro, NC

Richard's Event

Many Thanks To Richard And All The Guys That Made This Event Enjoyable. It Was A Pleasure To Attend,and Meet Many Guys That Are Members Of This Board,i Hope Richard Will Consider This Event In The Future. If You Were Not Able To Attend,you Missed A Good Time.

Thanks agian R Clark

Thanks goes out to EVERYONE involved in making this event happen....especially Richard Clark! I had a great time meeting members and getting some "one on one" time with some of the sponsors!

I really enjoyed meeting you guys and gals from here @ TB.com it's was great to finally put a face with a screen name.

thanks to everyone involved,Clint did a excellent job. another thanks to Richard,i was blown away by his knowledge,tools/test equipment,facility "toy box",and most of all was his willingness to help others all weekend long.i don't see how he ran all day(s) long like he did.
nothing will prepare you until you go and see his shop.
thanks Richard, i will be back if you have this open house again,i was so much like a kid in a candy store,i didn't even take a single pic.watching/learning to dyno was fantastic.good to meet everyone i did, nice to put faces to a screen names :cool:
Gary k.

We tried to find you for that shirt before we left, PM me! Great to meet you bud!

We tried to find you for that shirt before we left, PM me! Great to meet you bud!

cool,we were all running around like kids in a .....,well you know;) .good to meet you too.
pm sent....

The event was great...!!

A big thanks to:

Vince Janis for the help on the tranny repair Fiday!! Nothing like getting dirty when on "vacation"...

Cal Hartline for the tuning on Kevin's street car Friday (443-HP @ 20.5-psi), and then on Corey's car I brought Saturday. I don't think anyone expected that out of that car from an appearance stand-point. (505-HP @ 22.5 psi).

And lastly to Richard Clark for hosting the event!! Most gracious as always!!

I just wish things didn't get shut-down the way they did Saturday night... :confused:

K.

thanks for having us Richard Clark and the others who made this event happen but the biggest thanks goes out to Richard.thanks for helping me with my powermaster to Richard.
heres a pic of the turbo sheild being signed by RC will post up more pics later

Attachments

• turbo sheild being signed.jpg
    turbo sheild being signed.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 468
Who was it that was operating the dyno both days? I never formally met them and got their names... But thanks for running the dyno, it was a big help!!

K.