Moved B2B from one car to another, now no start and ECU not found

peterkin

..it isn't rocket science
I'm at a loss, and I've searched this board numerous times to find an answer. I have moved my Classic FAST B2B system from a car that it was installed in and running to another car. Now the car that I just installed it in will not start and the software says "ECU not found". I don't get it, I moved the system over and connected everything the exact same way it was connected in the other car. What am I missing.

I have the TPS connected, MAP sensor, tapped the grey/red wire from the MAF, and the WB02. The fuelairspark site doesn't have any really good wiring diagrams for this system, and I've tried most everything in the "Help" section of the CCom software.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

pacecarta - When I had the system connected in the other car, I never had to connect a power and ground. The factory harness powered everything. The only connection that ran into the car was the weatherpack connector for the WB02.

HighPSI - The fuel pump does prime and the fan also runs, both continuously. Is that an indication of the ECM having power?

Thanks for taking the time to help me brainstorm and figure this thing out.

HighPSI - The fuel pump does prime and the fan also runs, both continuously. Is that an indication of the ECM having power?
Thanks for taking the time to help me brainstorm and figure this thing out.

If the pump is priming, then the ecm is at least seeing the switched 12V and you "should" be able to connect. I would verify Battery power on pin M1 and a good ground on Y1, Y2, & Y3. It wouldn't hurt to verify 5 volts on the TPS when the key is on

I checked the TPS connector, at the TPS, and it was 3.38VDC. So it's not 5, and to me, not close enough. Pin M1 at the ECM? I'll go out and check those now.

Also, you mean a constant 12VDC on pin M1 right?

FAST ECM Plug.jpg
Entire FAST Setup.jpg

In the first picture, you can see that there are no wires in column Y. Checking M1 with the key on, I got nothing.

In the second picture, you can see the entire setup..minus the serial-to-usb converter. I'm sure that works because I've used it before in my other car. I started the other car up prior to pulling this system out of it, so I know it works. I have no idea how it worked if column Y is supposed to be all grounds.

I'll look for a stock ECM connector pinout and see if I'm missing something there.

I found out that this is the old "White Racing and Marine" harness. I'm guessing prior to Casper coming up with a really neat and clean adapter in a box. Does anyone have install instructions for this adapter? I'm not sure why it works on my GN and not on the Turbo T I just purchased, but it doesn't. All I had to do in the GN was plug it in and go. I never had to run any power, splice any wires at the box or anything like that. I did have to figure out an issue with the grey and blue wires that connect to the WB02, but that was it.

Last edited:
Is the orange wire near the battery connected? I assume this is what feeds the 12V in to pin M1

Yes, it's connected. I checked that visually and with the volt meter. I have not been back outside to the shop to check the voltage on the stock ECM connector in the car.

I guess this would be why I don't have power to the ECM. I'll fix it and I think I'll be good to go.

....but the question now is WHY did it happen?

Thanks for the help HighPSI and pacecarta.