Moroso May 1st anybody?

What, no xylene?!?! Well, for 15-16 lbs of boost, it looks normal. Throw an alky kit on there and you'll be in the 12s on pump gas.

That .6 reaction time isn't too bad for a turbo car. I was going through my slips a couple of weeks ago, and I think my average was around .8 seconds. I really don't even try to cut a light. Once my boost is where I want it and I have gone through my preflight checklist, then I will launch. Even with my .8 - 1.2 second reaction times I haven't been beat at the track in over a year and a half. Not that my car is fast, its just that 90% of the time I'm racing a mustang or a ricer, which isn't much competition.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Well, I got 5 passes in but only 2 were fairly decent. I had the ol' "Florida Wheather Freaken Sucks" problem and "Moroso is a piece of Sh!t pass 10 pm " Problem on the other 3.

Anyways. Bellow is my best pass. Keep in mind that this is pump gas and 16-17 psi on street tires. A "true" street trim pass launching with only 2-3 psi. (No burn out cause I just bought these a week ago).

R/T .608 (Yup, I feel asleep :mad: )
60' 2.052 ( :mad: )
330 5.719
1/8 8.761
MPH 81.13
1000 11.445
1/4 13.708
MPH 97.55

Got 3-4*of KR on that pass. :mad:

On that pass, I raced a bad ass crapstang :D with a 200 shot of NO2 and the whole 9 yards and pulled 3 cars on him out the gate but he caught me at the 1000 mark and ran a 13.4XX @112. :eek: I thought I had him.

I guess I'm pretty happy with the results. I had a great time and meet 2 other buick guy's that were really cool. :cool:

502SLOW, Thanks for the helmet man. I really appreciate it. Get that dialed in and I'll see you out their again.

I will be out their on Midnight madness, Not till 2am though. Hope you guys can make it.

Not bad considering the weather and the tune..ill be shooting to have my car ready for mid night madness also, so it looks like we will have a nice little crew up there..

Alex

I'm getting my Scanmaster next week so I'll be tunning with xylene and prolly go back up on friday.

As far as reaction times go, My first time down the track I got a 1.467 reaction time. :eek: I think I ran a 14.60 with like a 2.5 60'.

I have cut .521, .546, and .560. I cut a .556 light on my 13.86 pass yesterday. I'd say out of 20 or so runs so far, I must average a .620 or so. I need to keep working on it.

:cool:

Jorge-Keep in mind your reaction time has nothing to do with your et...you can have a 4 second reaction time, and still run in the 11's, 10's, or whatever your car runs. The only time it really matters, is if your are braket racing or racing somebody for money or something like that. The quater mile clock does not start ticking till your tires role completely throw the beam, which if you sit at the light and build boost, the time has not started yet.

Alex

CAPT SKIPPY~!

I think I will look up that old email where you were trashing me for getting a 13.7 on my first run...:cool:

anywho, we tried to stop by there on the way home from sunfest, be we took a wrong turn and ended up by lion country safari:mad:

man, was I pissed...

I could have stopped by around 11, but I thought it was to late. What time did you leave?

Originally posted by blackshoebox
mid night madness

Well, So are you guy's going to make it out or what. I really hope this bad weather goes away before then. If not, then we are really screwed cause the track is going to be closed for like 3 months (again) :mad:

I filled up with the Xylene mix today :D and started tunning the car with my new Scanmaster (Yeah, it's about time :rolleyes: ) 20 Psi and still too fat on the bottom end. I'm trying to get this thing to spike up to 23 and then go down to a steady 20 Psi. So far it's going to 21-22 and then back down to 20. Any suggestions?

If Wednesday looks good, I'll consider going up. I just don't want to have to wait another 3 months before I can run the car.

Later

:cool:

I filled up with the Xylene mix today :D and started tunning the car with my new Scanmaster (Yeah, it's about time :rolleyes: ) 20 Psi and still too fat on the bottom end. I'm trying to get this thing to spike up to 23 and then go down to a steady 20 Psi. So far it's going to 21-22 and then back down to 20. Any suggestions?

How rich are you? What the 02's #'s? What chip are you running? What are your o2's numbers @ the top of third. Also whats your fp off the line??

BTW-friday the weather is suppose to be good, and its till two in the morning so you should be able to get more runs in then on weds.

Alex

Yeah, I didn't go today (wed). It's rainning cats and dogs here in Hialeah. Their was a 20 % chance when I called Moroso at about 4 pm. But I figured I'd wait till Friday, even though my freind with the Impala went up.

Alex, I've been trying to tune the car, but all this rain is just killing me. I have the FP set at 45 line off (yup, no volt booster yet). I haven't been able to find a good stretch to see what the o2's are at the top of 3rd. So far, I've seen 810's and 820's at 71 and 74 mph at WOT (about 1.4* of KR on each pull). It is way rich at the bottom, thats why I'm trying to get it to spike to 23-24 before it sit's on 20. I'm running an RA93 chip with 20* of timmimg (I believe). I tried the Pitt Bull chip I have with 25* and it knocks too much (8-9*)

The thing that makes a BIG difference on this car is temperature. If the IC is cool, the car runs great, no knock at all. Once the IC gets hot, Forget about it.

I just haven't had the time to do one pass and then let it cool off, touch something, run it, let it cool off, touch something else, run, cool off....etc.

My calculations lead me to beleive that the car should go 13.00's with street tires. That's getting 2.0 60's. I'm taking my 26X10 et drags so that should atleast net me a 1.8 60' and the car SHOULD go 12.6-12.7 at about 106-107.

But who know's.

BTW, Alex, Brad, can any off you two lend me a helmet. :D

Later

Yeah, I didn't go today (wed). It's rainning cats and dogs here in Hialeah. Their was a 20 % chance when I called Moroso at about 4 pm. But I figured I'd wait till Friday, even though my freind with the Impala went up.

Alex, I've been trying to tune the car, but all this rain is just killing me. I have the FP set at 45 line off (yup, no volt booster yet). I haven't been able to find a good stretch to see what the o2's are at the top of 3rd. So far, I've seen 810's and 820's at 71 and 74 mph at WOT (about 1.4* of KR on each pull). It is way rich at the bottom, thats why I'm trying to get it to spike to 23-24 before it sit's on 20. I'm running an RA93 chip with 20* of timmimg (I believe). I tried the Pitt Bull chip I have with 25* and it knocks too much (8-9*)

The thing that makes a BIG difference on this car is temperature. If the IC is cool, the car runs great, no knock at all. Once the IC gets hot, Forget about it.

I just haven't had the time to do one pass and then let it cool off, touch something, run it, let it cool off, touch something else, run, cool off....etc.

My calculations lead me to beleive that the car should go 13.00's with street tires. That's getting 2.0 60's. I'm taking my 26X10 et drags so that should atleast net me a 1.8 60' and the car SHOULD go 12.6-12.7 at about 106-107.

But who know's.

BTW, Alex, Brad, can any off you two lend me a helmet. :D

Later

Keep tuning. If your up @ the track early enough Ill take some pass in the car with you as copilot to watch the full revolution of 02's on the scanmaster to see if we can tune that bad boy. Ill bring my helmet for you on friday night also. Its a brand new snell2000, its been used once.

Alex

Originally posted by blackshoebox

Keep tuning. If your up @ the track early enough Ill take some pass in the car with you as copilot to watch the full revolution of 02's on the scanmaster to see if we can tune that bad boy. Ill bring my helmet for you on friday night also. Its a brand new snell2000, its been used once.

Alex

Sounds good Alex. Thanks man. I'll do a couple passes with you in the car if you want. Your 200 lb's is going to knock my et by a couple 10ths but thats fine as long as we can get this thing to run good.

I should be their by 6:15 or so if I get out at 4 like I usually do. I'll take an extra gallon of xylene in the trunk just in case. :D I figure it will prolly be about 6:45-7:00 before I get my 1st pass. I really would like to wait till the sun goes down cause the car runs way better when it's cooler out. I want to let the car cool down for about 40 min or so between passes. I'm taking 4 bags of Ice so I hope that they will last till 2 am. I really want to change the oil before going up but all this rain is holding me back.

It's still pretty fat at the top end and I get no knock when the car is cool. BLM's are about 120 at Idel. It looks like it's clearing up so I should be able to do a couple pulls later on tonight.

Hey guys.

Hey, Jorge...you are only required to wear a helmet if you break in to the 12's, so you shouldn't need one...lol...;)

I went to a 1/8 mile track up here in Clearwater last night. It really didn't suck as much as I thought it would. I got six passes in. One every 15 minutes. I could have gotten 12 in if I had wanted to. Anyway, I am having a problem. I want to get it all sorted out before I run at Bradenton 1/4 track tonight.

Check this out:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=40487&referrerid=3922

Actually its 13.99 and faster. I don't have a spare helmet. I will be using my brothers. The one that I have is out of date. I usually didn't show them the helmet, but wore it, so when I came around to the timing booth and the guy checked to see if I was wearing a helmet, I had one on.

"Sounds good Alex. Thanks man. I'll do a couple passes with you in the car if you want. Your 200 lb's is going to knock my et by a couple 10ths but thats fine as long as we can get this thing to run good."

I meant on the b-line(road you take to the track, once your off the interstate) There is a mobil gas station that i think just changed hands to shell, where i usually mix my fuel and then go out and make a few quick blast before i go into the track. Its long and str8, which is perfect for tuning.:D If you want me to meet you there, give me a call and we can arrange it. I should be up there with my friends moron T-type which I will also be tuning.

My cell is 954-464-4723. Give me a call during the day tomorrow.

Alex

Alex,

The car would be hot from a 90 mile drive by the time we meet on B-Line. It would be a waste off gas in my opinion, but we can do it if you want.

I'll give you a call.

BTW, are you running your car Alex?

Alex (86Brick),

The car runs cool as hell IMO. Cruising at 40 yesterday, it never went over 164* with the AC off. At a stop light, it never goes over 172-174 with the AC off. That jumps to 178 or so with the AC on. I have a 140* t-stat and an electric fan mounted on the tranny cooler out behind the grill, so that helps alot.

But my poor IC get's stuck with all the heat, that's what causes knock at WOT. (Well, at least on my car)

Later

Hey, what happened to 86Bricks' post? Was it deleted? I know I read it just now and replied to his question.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Alex went under my name to post since his account was messed up. And then deleted the post for some reason, wonder if he got his account figured out???

Steve