Moroso closed!

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
The park is still going to be open, but the 1/4 mile is being redone. It is not going to be finished till........Feb. 13, 2002. What are we going to do? Where else can we go?

Go to: Morosomotorsportspark.com

Just thought I should let you guys know.

Later.

Well, they closed Hollywood a few years ago :D ...so the next closest one is Bradenton or Orlando :(

I was thinking about going up to bradenton but it's a freaken drive. Their test and tunes is on Thursdays, but damn, It's far and my car isn't too good on gas.

If you don't mind an 1/8th mile track, why not try Immokalee? It;s a really nice track. Go across the alley, turn North on 27 (29?) toward Immokalee and it is on the south end of town at the airport. Probably a lot closer than Bradenton if you are in Miami.

Terry

Immokalee?

I've never heard of that. Where is it? What do you mean by across the alley? Whats it near? How do I get their?
1/8 of a mile is better than nothing at all if it's alot closer than bradenton.
Thanks.

You must ne new to FL - any old timer knows what the ALLEY is. HA

Alligator Alley is I-75 between the toll boots at Lauderdale and Naples. Head West across I-75 towards Naples. There is a big intersection where SR 27 (maybe 29 - always mix them up) goes North to Immokalee and South to Everglades City. Turn right and head North about 15-20 miles. At the south end of town, there is a gas station with the airport behind it. Stop and ask where the entrance is. Kind of hard to see as it's behind the gas station. It's a REALLY nice strip and lots of the big boys from Miami area come over.

Terry

I didn't know there was a track there. Heck, it sounds like it is closer than Moroso! Do they have a website?

I have heard a lot of good things about this track, especially the launch pad is really good, and prept pretty well.:D The only thing is, its only an 1/8 mile. :( Which doesn't do our cars much justice, especially if you pull hard at the top end. If you decide to go Brad, let me know what u think, ive never been.

Alex

It is 29, not 27. If you are going West, 27 is just after 75, just past Weston. It is the last exit before the toll booths.

From Ft. Lauderdale, Immokalee is 60 miles west, then 20 miles north. 29 is about 3/4 of the way across the alley.

FYI, half way between 27 and 29 is 833 (no pun intended) exit 14. Some call it snake road. I used to take my bike there before I wrecked. It is a really "S" shaped road. Prolly not worth the trip for a car. Just FYI.

Check out www.mapquest.com.

Not sure - I talked to Cal last night at Bradenton and he said my car would be ready MAYBE by next weekend. But I want him to drive it for a few days and set it up so I might have to go up to Melbourne the weekend of the 26th to get the car.

Have to play it by ear.

Terry

snake road

hey guys.

I made a trip with my two kids out to "snake road" Saturday morning.

It was pretty cool. I would say it is definately worth a trip. Not for drag racing, but just to see some curves. The road is kinda elevated, so if you were to go off the side, you would prolly flip over about 1,000 times and end up in the water.

Take I-595 west until it turns in to I-75 (alligator alley). About 30 minutes west of US27 is exit 14. It is the Billie swamp safari or something. There is a gas station there.

Anyway, snake road is actually 16 miles long. REALLY. It was pretty cool.

Maybe we will all plan a trip out there one day after the next towers meet?