More Scanmaster Help

rking

Trying to tune my car in now and this is a first for me. I am having trouble keeping track of all the numbers and figuring out what to do with them. Anyways, I was running it around today and these #s seemed kind of odd to me. On the Scanmaster I was getting at least 830s, only 15# of boost, and about 1 degree of knock was present on every run. With that high of O2s and that low of boost, why would there be any knock present? Is there anything else I need to be looking at? Fuel pressure was at about 58 lbs and on my Translator I have it set 6% lean at WOT. I cant figure out how to get the O2s down so it run stronger without creating more knock.

Bad gas! I do not think your numbers are bad for pump gas and may be as good as it gets. That's why so many people run alky or xylene.

O2 and Knok

RK, Is the FP at 58psi under boost, or is that what you set it at??
That kind of Fp w/out being under some significant boost is way too high. You could be getting "rich knok". That would also account for the hi O2 readings.

Any header cracks??

The fuel pressure is at 42 lbs, it is at 58 lbs with 15 lbs of boost. How can I tell if the knock is rich knock? I was afraid to try to get the O2s down with it showing knock.

It won't be rich knock. Chuck thought you had the fuel pressure set at 58 not under boost. 42+15=57 under boost.
Knock can be caused by numerous things. To see if it is octane related add xylene or high octane gas. If it goes away, then it is octane related. If not, then look to see when it occurs. Some of us get knock when the transmission shifts to 2nd.