Modified ratchet shifter in stock consul pics

66P

I needed a ratchet shifter, one that would work with my stage right trans brake. So I installed a b@m Quick Silver shifter. Did not like the way it looked so i cut it down 1 3/4 down by base and tig welded it and slapped on a pistol grip ;)I like the way it looks, it looks way different. It's funny to see people do a double take looking in the car :pLet's see some of those modified shifters in these 27+ year old cars. Ignore the rip in the seat, they're getting reupholstered right now:) So lets see some pics of your after-market shifters.
dads buick picts 013.JPG
dads buick picts 012.JPG

Thanks bishir.I love seeing pics of other shifters in our cars:)I to was thinking of the lightning rods there cool. but i decided to go this direction

No i had to cut down by the base the shifter handle is to long for me wonted something that looked stock in the consul;)

You asked people to share, I have an old Hurst QuarterStick. I bought the console plate from Mark. . .

Attachments

• Shifter.jpg
    Shifter.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 457
hello people; stupid question 902. Why would you want a ratchet shifter on these Buicks? I guess it's a drag race thing where you start in a lower gear and slap an up shift.
Tell me to you racers out there. What gear do you start off at the line with?
IBBY

That looks pretty cool. How does you gear indicator work, or does it?
The only thing I don't like about those shifters is that you have to pull up and down on them. The B&M Pro Ratchet also fits the stock console but you would have to make some kind of bracket or another hole for the reverse lockout lever, and it always stays in the middle position.

I needed a ratchet shifter, one that would work with my stage right trans brake. So I installed a b@m Quick Silver shifter. Did not like the way it looked so i cut it down 1 3/4 down by base and tig welded it and slapped on a pistol grip ;)I like the way it looks, it looks way different. It's funny to see people do a double take looking in the car :pLet's see some of those modified shifters in these 27+ year old cars. Ignore the rip in the seat, they're getting reupholstered right now:) So lets see some pics of your after-market shifters.View attachment 182467View attachment 182468
Really nice install! Is there a button on the pistol or do you have to lift the pistol grip up or down to get into reverse? I have seen that shifter with the lock out lever in the front.