Modified GNX value

The reason I was asking is that a very good customer of mine is moving and wants to sell it. He is aware that a low milage, all original GNX is going for 90 to 100K. He does have 100% of all the special "GNX" parts that came off of the vehichle. There may be a few non special parts that he doesn't have (like axles/air box/powermaster) The car could be put back to stock with ease. So my next question is this... What are 42,000 mile GNXs going for...

Thx,
CC

I myself have an all original GNX with 576 miles on it that I purchased new and would never think about modifying it because I do not want to ruin the value of it.
If a person were to take 2 Buick GNX's with near identical mileage on them and one was modified and the other was original to the Barrett-Jackson Auction I would be willing to bet that the all original would bring in a WHOLE lot more money than the modified one would bring. This would even hold true for a regular GN.

Now getting to your original question about what the 42,000 mile modified GNX is worth. Even if you were to get most of the parts or even all of the parts that were taken I myself wouldn't pay more than $35,000. Hope this helps in your decision. Right now the market is pretty bad for any type of collector car.
Rich

i understand your comment is a personal opinion but as a person that has actually written a check for 4 GNX's i have to say with no reservation that I sure would not agree with that----------do you actually own a GNX??..........RC
I own 176# show quality with 13,000 miles on it & my fourth. If my life depended on it & couldn't even begin to guess how many GN's & TR's Ive owned & worked on.But how would you know that since you may not have been into this very long. feel free to call if you need any advise. Regards Lou

Before this gets to far...

I think this is just a case of not being familair with each other. Most of us here all know Lou's back ground as he has been supporting the board forever. Lou is a vendor and has worked on god knows how many TR's.

Alot of people have no idea about Mr. Clark and his collection (YET)!

Mr. Clark has the biggest and best collection of TR's around Period!!! He also has every peice of equipment you can imagine in his shops to do anything you can dream of with a TR! GNX's, GN's, and TR's! Plenty of all of them. He knows every piece of these cars inside and out, as I imagine Lou does!

That should clear things up! Both stand up guys. Just not familiar with each other, on different coasts!

I own 176# show quality with 13,000 miles on it & my fourth. If my life depended on it & couldn't even begin to guess how many GN's & TR's Ive owned & worked on.But how would you know that since you may not have been into this very long. feel free to call if you need any advise. Regards Lou

lou-----please accept my apology-----i meant no offense------looks like we both are rabid collectors------i currently have several GNX's, several dozen GN's and enough parts to build god knows how many more and i don't want to sell any of them --------even so i said its only MY opinion------ in a free enterprise market the only opinion that matters is that of the buyer at the moment of purchase--------under the right circumstances ANYthing can happen----especially at an auction-------that said i just cannot picture under NORMAL circumstances where clones will ever bring the same money as originals in similar condition--------most KNOWLEGABLE buyers will demand and pay extra for a pedigree-------thats why when we describe our GNX's we usually state the # like your 176--------with a clone that is always conspicuously absent.........RC

lou-----please accept my apology-----i meant no offense------looks like we both are rabid collectors------i currently have several GNX's, several dozen GN's and enough parts to build god knows how many more and i don't want to sell any of them --------even so i said its only MY opinion------ in a free enterprise market the only opinion that matters is that of the buyer at the moment of purchase--------under the right circumstances ANYthing can happen----especially at an auction-------that said i just cannot picture under NORMAL circumstances where clones will ever bring the same money as originals in similar condition--------most KNOWLEGABLE buyers will demand and pay extra for a pedigree-------thats why when we describe our GNX's we usually state the # like your 176--------with a clone that is always conspicuously absent.........RC
So your that Richard I've heard so much about & honored to meet you & myself meant no disrespect.I have dedicated 21 years now to this madness & will continue to support & do so till I take the big dirt nap.But to me a GNX is holy grail of Buick & I cringe when I hear of people modifying them. There so much other junk out there to do that to. Like I said I owned three others & feel fortunate to have found this one.Shane thanks again for trying to keep me out of trouble here & to keep me from stepping on my third member any further. If either of you are ever in Calif dinner is on me. Lou

I almost bust my gut laughing at that one. I don't think that anyone has the collection of Turbo Buicks that Richard Clark has or the equipment to work on them either. Lou has an excellent reputation without a doubt and has worked on a lot of Turbo Regals but I don't believe you have seen or even heard about Richard's collection.

Rich
Glad I could be entertaining,Better to laugh than cry, But the beatings will continue till the attitude improves.Us older people can be a pain in the ass. lol

I didn't know there was someone .......

LOL!!!! Richard Clark needing advice on a TR? That's a good one!!!:p

who knows EVERYTHING! :eek:

I have even seen roger penske ask for information about indy car chassis, and don garlits ask about blower manifolds.
yes some are more knowledgable than others in some aspects,
but I feel this pissing contest is getting out of control,
(mines bigger then yours! LOL)
I'd love to see the collection of Mr Clark, and I'm sure he's a very intense collector.
we all have our loyalites, mine is towards a successful retirement, and its going well currently ( even with the market in the toilet)
with that, I'm going to go play with my buicks.;)
thanks

Guys, it really doesn't matter how many vehicles a person has (but in my case it certainly does to my wife). What really matters is the person themselves. Both Lou and Richard Clark are VERY WELL respected in the Buick community and I myself am glad that they are both on this board. My hat is off to both of you guys. You guys have contributed a whole lot over the years and I personally want to thank you for that.

By the way The GNX that I have owned since new is #171.
The ORIGINAL poster of the GNX is made of my car and was done by Gary Pesnell of Power Graphics which I believe may be out of business by now or has moved somewhere else. Later on another poster was done of Stan Hunts GNX. I have had the pleasure of meeting Stan @ Bowling Green at the Buick Nationals. Stan is one nice individual. I have met and talked to Richard Clark both @ Bowling Green and then again at Kirban's Reunion last year.And Lou I also believe that years ago I met and talked to you @ Bowling Green. This is why I say that you two are stand up guys and have done a lot for the Buick Community. Thank you Lou and Richard.

Rich Kniss

Glad I could be entertaining,Better to laugh than cry, But the beatings will continue till the attitude improves.Us older people can be a pain in the ass. lol

LOL. Lou,I can be a bigger pain in the ass because I am older than you. I will be 72 in Dec. I know you are nowheres near that. How many miles on your #176?

Rich

LOL. Lou,I can be a bigger pain in the ass because I am older than you. I will be 72 in Dec. I know you are nowheres near that. How many miles on your #176?

Rich
Thanks,Turbo Buick you're a class act & my GNX has defiantly less miles than me 13,200 to be exact. Congrats for making it to 72 I,m right behind at 65 or maybe just 18 with 47 years of experience. Still love what I'm doing & no place I rather be than at my shop working on cars or on this board making SGRIM nervous.While were having this tender moment I would like to thank him & Jay for making this web site possible.I think I will make it a point to attend the next bowling green event & pay my over due respects & meet some of the East coast members. Regards Lou

Lou, I will look forward to seeing you in Bowling Green next May as my wife and I plan on going. Yep I will still be messing with cars until I myself buy the dirt coffin.My wife and I met about 50 years ago Street Racing and if we have to leave this earth in wheel chairs I will guarantee that mine will be hopped up. To this day her and I go to the track in her 07 TB SS. We have an incurable illness like many people do that love cars.
Take Care
Rich

just like any other car, it's worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it. to most people, it might be worth, say, $35k- but there is going to be that one goofball person out there that wants to get one and do those exact modifications to it, so that person might give $60k and be happy that he doesn't have to do all the work.

Thanks,Turbo Buick you're a class act & my GNX has defiantly less miles than me 13,200 to be exact. Congrats for making it to 72 I,m right behind at 65 or maybe just 18 with 47 years of experience. Still love what I'm doing & no place I rather be than at my shop working on cars or on this board making SGRIM nervous.While were having this tender moment I would like to thank him & Jay for making this web site possible.I think I will make it a point to attend the next bowling green event & pay my over due respects & meet some of the East coast members. Regards Lou

Lou if you go I will. Never been but myself and have wanted to for years. Hope you make it its about time! And thanks again for all you tech, help, service, parts, etc over the years.

I will try my best to attend.I recently visited the east coast on vacation.While going through security I got pulled aside along with an elderly lady in a wheel chair cause my replacement knee is made out of metal & set off the alarm. While they were shacking the both of us down. My laptop disappeared.I raised holy hell till my they found it tucked away probably by an employee where it didn't belong. After almost getting arrested for MFing security & creating a scene I swore I would never fly again. Perhaps I will get over that by the time Bowling Green comes around.