Modified GNX value

BAGN

God Bless America!!!
I know this is a loaded question, But...what is a modified GNX worth. He has all original parts that came off of it. 42,000 miles on car. Original motor was pulled and another 109 motor was built for it.Original GNX heads/intake/throttle body were ported & installed on new motor. Over 400RWHP (mustang dyno) w/Mike Kurtz trans & H.D. axles. Car ran 11.30's at low boost. Has Excell Gen 7 fuel management. Car has been repainted & very clean. Car is in Texas, But will be headed to Fla. for auction in January if he can't sell it before then.

I will get alot more info for ya'll in the near future w/pics.

I know this is a loaded question, But...what is a modified GNX worth. He has all original parts that came off of it. 42,000 miles on car. Original motor was pulled and another 109 motor was built for it.Original GNX heads/intake/throttle body were ported & installed on new motor. Over 400RWHP (mustang dyno) w/Mike Kurtz trans & H.D. axles. Car ran 11.30's at low boost. Has Excell Gen 7 fuel management. Car has been repainted & very clean. Car is in Texas, But will be headed to Fla. for auction in January if he can't sell it before then.

I will get alot more info for ya'll in the near future w/pics.

everyone has their opinion but as a collector with several GNX's i will say that a non original car is worth MUCH less than an original one------original paint, original number matching block, original working number matching turbo, and trans are very important to me------if enough original parts don't exist to make it so close to original that it is impossible or difficult to tell is it has ever been apart it is worth no more than 1/4 to 1/3 of a well kept original car..............RC

everyone has their opinion but as a collector with several GNX's i will say that a non original car is worth MUCH less than an original one------original paint, original number matching block, original working number matching turbo, and trans are very important to me------if enough original parts don't exist to make it so close to original that it is impossible or difficult to tell is it has ever been apart it is worth no more than 1/4 to 1/3 of a well kept original car..............RC

I agree at this point since there are quite a few low mileage, OG paint examples around... but as time goes by, the price gap between an all original GNX and a modded or partially restored GNX is going to narrow just like it has with '60's and early '70's muscle cars. Incrementally, if it follows the same trend as the muscle cars, the modded or restored cars will likely have a better dollar-to-dollar increase in value than the already UBER Expensive low mile cars. I guess it really just depends on how long you intend to hold it and how you intend to use it.

If the price of low mile cars skyrockets, it's just going to make the restored and driven cars more valuable anyway, so who really cares? I say buy the modded one right now at a GOOD PRICE, enjoy the crap out of it, then someday restore it back to original and enjoy the increased value benefit.

I agree at this point since there are quite a few low mileage, OG paint examples around... but as time goes by, the price gap between an all original GNX and a modded or partially restored GNX is going to narrow just like it has with '60's and early '70's muscle cars. Incrementally, if it follows the same trend as the muscle cars, the modded or restored cars will likely have a better dollar-to-dollar increase in value than the already UBER Expensive low mile cars. I guess it really just depends on how long you intend to hold it and how you intend to use it.

If the price of low mile cars skyrockets, it's just going to make the restored and driven cars more valuable anyway, so who really cares? I say buy the modded one right now at a GOOD PRICE, enjoy the crap out of it, then someday restore it back to original and enjoy the increased value benefit.

on the surface that sounds like a good idea---------the problem i see is that for chevy and ford muscle cars you can by a repop of just about every part---------i can't see it happening for a lot of the stuff you need to do a good original looking GNX---------just not enough of them and not quite the market size...............RC

in my opinion purist should just be with others that share there view,no one should dictate someone else.i personally would only buy a modded or repainted car with high or low miles time marches on and nothing would stay factory 4ever. if he kept all the o.g parts and engine i would keep it that way and only revert ot back to stock for top dollar and keep the spare engine. who cares what it is for any car company or model.modd em modd em make em better...............without going overboard. im out.

on the surface that sounds like a good idea---------the problem i see is that for chevy and ford muscle cars you can by a repop of just about every part---------i can't see it happening for a lot of the stuff you need to do a good original looking GNX---------just not enough of them and not quite the market size...............RC

You couldn't buy every single part for Ford and Chevy muscle cars 15 years ago either, it's the market for these cars that drove it to where it is now. They only built 69 1969 Yenko Camaros, meanwhile there was enough value and interest in them to start reproducing parts for these insanely exclusive vehicles, so the same could easily happen for the GNX as prices keep going up.

In Taiwan, Brazil and India, manufacturers will produce small runs of 100 parts or less, and they will often amortize the cost of tooling into these small runs. It's not completely out of the question to see reproduction parts specifically for the GNX start to pop up. Look at Ebay right now, someone has made a reproduction of the GNX turbo cover already!!!

i certainly understand all of your comments--------but the original question was "whats a modified GNX worth"--------like anything else real value is what will it bring in the market--------and the facts are that mint original GNX's bring up to three times what modded ones bring when they actually sell---------by the way-------reproductions come in all grades----------and a serious collector can always spot the difference and that too affects ultimate value.............RC

The reason I was asking is that a very good customer of mine is moving and wants to sell it. He is aware that a low milage, all original GNX is going for 90 to 100K. He does have 100% of all the special "GNX" parts that came off of the vehichle. There may be a few non special parts that he doesn't have (like axles/air box/powermaster) The car could be put back to stock with ease. So my next question is this... What are 42,000 mile GNXs going for...

Thx,
CC

The reason I was asking is that a very good customer of mine is moving and wants to sell it. He is aware that a low milage, all original GNX is going for 90 to 100K. He does have 100% of all the special "GNX" parts that came off of the vehichle. There may be a few non special parts that he doesn't have (like axles/air box/powermaster) The car could be put back to stock with ease. So my next question is this... What are 42,000 mile GNXs going for...

Thx,
CC

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess about 1/2 the price of the low mileage all original would be a fair place to start....maybe a $1.00 for each mile that's on it?

If I had to guess, I would say that car WITH the original parts would fetch somewhere in the $40's. Possibly lower in a couple months as we head deeper into recession.

I would say that there would be little difference in value between an original GNX that has been modified or a clone.

I would say that there would be little difference in value between an original GNX that has been modified or a clone.

i understand your comment is a personal opinion but as a person that has actually written a check for 4 GNX's i have to say with no reservation that I sure would not agree with that----------do you actually own a GNX??..........RC

A local modified and repainted GNX went for approx. $40k, recently....

K.

i understand your comment is a personal opinion but as a person that has actually written a check for 4 GNX's i have to say with no reservation that I sure would not agree with that----------do you actually own a GNX??..........RC

Lou probably has owned and worked on more GNX's that you will ever see in your lifetime LOL, he currently owns a 20+k miles Pristine GNX that he wants to sell. :)

Lou probably has owned and worked on more GNX's that you will ever see in your lifetime LOL, he currently owns a 20+k miles Pristine GNX that he wants to sell. :)

I doubt that... :rolleyes:

A2000RICH, aka Richard Clark, currently owns one GNX with 5.3 miles and the one-and-only sunroof GNX... Plus more... :biggrin:

K.

Richard Clark

X2...richard's Cars Are Beautiful. He Knows Every Bolt,every Mod That Asc Made On These Vehicles. I Had The Pleasure Of Seeing These Vehicles And Equipement He Purchases And Special Equip He Made For Testing Parts,powermasters Etc. If Anybody Had A Question Or Problem With One Of The Cars,my Bet Is That Richard Would Know The Problem And How To Repair It. He's Just A Good Guy Who Loves These Cars....

Prices across the board on collector cars are down right now, as we all know. However the big buck cars such as the shelbys, corvetes, mopar hemis and shoebox chevys are still bringing strong money all things considered. I would put the GNX in the same category,(Rare and low production , although they dont bring that much yet but they will some day). The economy more than likely will get worse before it gets better but people who are collectors have the money for these and will be there to buy them before they give them away. The avarage of 20 sold original cars will probably always be higer than 20 resto-mods or modified cars. But there is always 1 or 2 that will out sell an original if the right buyer is around and the mods are like he would have done them. R.C. would be one of the guys to really know the value at this time, IMHO. Its a buyers market, dont sell unless you have too..... Thats my 2 cents worth......

Did you realy just say that.:eek: You realy have no idea who you just said that too.
Rich is an expert and has the nicest collection ive ever seen. I would have to say if you were to need an expert to consult Rich would be your best shot.

no offense to any one!

but I'd agree, Lou has owned, or worked on more GN/GNX than most people will ever see, PERIOD!
I know RC has a nice collection, no slight to him on that.
LOU lives GN/GNX
if you doubt my word. call him, he's actually friendly, and you'd be surprised.

(typical east coast/ west coast stuff LOL)

I almost bust my gut laughing at that one. I don't think that anyone has the collection of Turbo Buicks that Richard Clark has or the equipment to work on them either. Lou has an excellent reputation without a doubt and has worked on a lot of Turbo Regals but I don't believe you have seen or even heard about Richard's collection.

Rich