Mixing isopropyl alcohol to add to 10 gallons of gas

yellow95

Go Dawgs
How much isopropyl alcohol would be safe to add to 10 gallons of 93 octane gas. How much mystery oil should I add to this concoction?

Gary

Unless you've purchased 99% ipa please realize most IPA is only 70% alky and 30% water and I don't think you want to be adding this into your tank and running it through your fuel system. Have you considered running a 20-30% misture of xylene or toluene instead? Octane for these 2 is in the 114 to 117 range.

Mark
87GN

You don't want to add alky to your gas. You want to add xylene. As BKS stated put 5 gallons of xylene with 10 gallons of 93 octane and you'll end up with around 99 octane, with about 2 ounces of MM oil

30% xylene is the max percentage I've heard you would want to run so yes, something along the lines of 2 or 3 gal gas mixed with 1 gal xylene would give 33% or 25% xylene and a very nice boost in octane.

Mark
87GN

I used to run 1 gallon of Xylene to 3 gallons of 93 octane(4 gallons total). I also put 1 once of MM oil per 1 gallon of Xylene.

I personally like to mix some rubbing alcohol in with a full tank of gas just for the fact it gets rid of the water in your gas.Seems to make my car run so much smoother.Feels like a octane booster when you get rid of the water in your gas. Don't knock it till you try it.Just my opinion.

Alcohol dries rubber parts out.And can damage your fuel pump if its not teflon lined.

Yes in small amounts to a full tank of gas to remove water..but not in the form of a gallon to 3 gallons of gas.

Remember...dries rubber out:eek: