Mike from Full Throttle?....

my1stgn

Well I had emailed Mike @ Full Throttle to see what kind of price I could get on a few mods I wanted..... but he hasnt emailed me back so Im assuming he's busy unless someone knows otherwise (ie vacation, ect)....

But anyways here is the mods I was interested in. Please let me know where I am good and which mods I need to drop

Razor Alky Kit (Already have TT Chip for it)

PTE Stock Location I/C (Will this clear the sway bar or do I need to mod anything? Or is this just a bolt on install?)

Scanmaster (Yes, I still dont have one!)

LS1 Maf and Translator Pro (Is there a Pro version or are all Translators the same? As far as for the Turbo Buick)

Want to get a new turbo (still have stock) but which works good with stock Torque Convertor (will eventually move up to a 3K Stall T/C so if I could get a turbo thats decent with the stock T/C and will be better with a 3K T/C that would be awesome! I was looking at the GT 6152E?)

Current Mods are in sig but fuel system is pretty much taken car of and I want to run somewhere in the 11's, money is no issue! Eventuall the block will be torn down and Ill end upgrading it in hopes of low 10's/ high 9's.

How far can I go on the PTE Stock Location I/C? Thanks fellas and Im sure you guys answered these questions before but I just iching to buy these mods and the money is burning a whole in my pocket! I just dont want to get the wrong mods!

I recently installed the PTE stock location and I can tell you the front shoud goes around the front sway bar. I don't know what the performance possiblilities are, but it is a huge-size intercooler and a real quality piece. I am very happy with it.

chrisgarrett said:
I recently installed the PTE stock location and I can tell you the front shoud goes around the front sway bar. I don't know what the performance possiblilities are, but it is a huge-size intercooler and a real quality piece. I am very happy with it.

What kind of HP do you make and what sort of times are you getting?

my1stgn said:
Well I had emailed Mike @ Full Throttle to see what kind of price I could get on a few mods I wanted..... but he hasnt emailed me back so Im assuming he's busy unless someone knows otherwise (ie vacation, ect)....
I know Mike moved to a new shop and is going through transition. You may just want to pick up the phone and call them. If the voice mail kicks on.. leave a message. They are very good at returning phone calls.

You should plan on valve springs and timing chain if they havent been done already.

And start working on tuning/learning the car.

HTH

Razor said:
I know Mike moved to a new shop and is going through transition. You may just want to pick up the phone and call them. If the voice mail kicks on.. leave a message. They are very good at returning phone calls.

You should plan on valve springs and timing chain if they havent been done already.

And start working on tuning/learning the car.

HTH

Yeah Ive heard somthing about these cars using a "plastic" sprocket for the timing chain? Anyways where do I find a timing chain set for these cars? Most of the sites I visited, I dont remember seeing them and Im assuming they make a double roller timing chain? Thanks!..... Also as for the valve springs, would it be better to just go with Champion Iron heads or should I get the valve springs first? Im assuming the Champion heads already have the upgraded/stiffer springs.

Mike will be able and handle the spring and chain issue.

Yes the heads will come with new springs.. but then we get into changing the cam or not.. and a slight pandora's box opens.

Perform a leakdown test on the motor before getting heavy into modding it.. would suck if it had a bad piston or other issue..

Then since money is burning a hole in your pocket.. buy a wideband setup for the car, scanmasterII, a laptop, maybe a genII translator or MAFT pro, and learn to dial it in.

This thread was about Mike at Full Throttle.. dont want to get off subject..

Personally.. leave the engine un-opened till your running as fast as you can possibly go with it. These engines are a lot more forgiving on stock longblocks as far as tuning mistakes.. once you do heads, cam , bigger turbo.. that fuse gets really short ;) Learn the basics.. have some fun.. move from there. Once the beating starts.. tranny will be next.

For the very small difference in price, I'd buy the front mount IC instead of the stock location unit. There's just no comparison. :cool:

yullose said:
For the very small difference in price, I'd buy the front mount IC instead of the stock location unit. There's just no comparison. :cool:

I disagree on a street car. Especially with alcohol injection. Unless your running 8's :D

Razor said:
I disagree on a street car. Especially with alcohol injection. Unless your running 8's :D

Then we'll agree to disagree. :D

Jim (1nasty69z) seems to be doing pretty dang good with your alky kit and a PTE FMIC... Hence the reason I bought one myself. The alky kit will soon be next. :cool:

You also feel a 35hp shot of nitrous is "enough" for your car. I disagree with that opinion too. :D

The front mount will move some weight forward. Never a good thing, unless maybe you have front wheel drive. It will also impede the flow of cooling air through the radiator, and the A/C condensor. That's not a big deal on a race-only car, but it can be a problem on a street vehicle. You can work around it, but with a good stock location IC, then you don't have to deal with the air restriction issue. The front mount will also use significantly more tubing to get the air from the turbo to the throttle body. With a stock location MAF, that can create some issues with throttle response.
But I guess I just made a comparison, where yullose said there was none..

Ormand said:
But I guess I just made a comparison, where yullose said there was none..

How about a horsepower comparison smartypants ? ;)

To backpeddle a little bit, as was suggested to me when I first hit these boards, a Scanmaster should be his very first investment.
Learn to use it to tune the car first, then jump into the bigger dollar goodies. He may find 50hp just fiddling with fuel pressures, boost levels and O2 readings.

Okay, I admit it's just seat of the pants, but I had the RJC front mount and I had some temp issues. I decided since the car was strictly a nice-weather, street-only car, I would go with the stock loc. PTE. I noticed no performance difference. The PTE stock is more than I expected. It has a huge scoop, and giant pipes. I really like it. And as Julio said, with alky, on a street car, a front mount is overkill.
I had dual fans and a new radiator and the temps were just too high. Now, with the stock location, they are in the mid 160's. :)

yullose said:
Then we'll agree to disagree. :D

Jim (1nasty69z) seems to be doing pretty dang good with your alky kit and a PTE FMIC... Hence the reason I bought one myself. The alky kit will soon be next. :cool:

You also feel a 35hp shot of nitrous is "enough" for your car. I disagree with that opinion too. :D

Who said a 35 shot was enough :D Just when running 10.5's on 93 octane with a 100% OEM bottom end... I feel i'm walkin on egg shells not trying to break things. So my thoughts is 132 MPH is probably the upper limit of OEM GM pistons in a full weight car. A 100 shot would make a small mess tuned or not at the level I play..

As to the IC thingy.. if your intake air temps are low.. why would you get a larger IC? The alcohol will slam the temps down to ambient.. and on a 10-11 sec car.. a good stock location with a nice flowing core is plenty.

Building my next weapon today.. be in the car in a few weeks.. then the bottle gods shall have their say. Turbo has been bumped up to a 71 GTQ with an .85 housing :eek: , compression will be 9.2:1, and plan on shifting it at 6800-7000 RPM's.. fingers crossed.. 140 MPH trap.. with lots of assist :)

Razor said:
Who said a 35 shot was enough :D Just when running 10.5's on 93 octane with a 100% OEM bottom end... I feel i'm walkin on egg shells not trying to break things. So my thoughts is 132 MPH is probably the upper limit of OEM GM pistons in a full weight car. A 100 shot would make a small mess tuned or not at the level I play..

As to the IC thingy.. if your intake air temps are low.. why would you get a larger IC? The alcohol will slam the temps down to ambient.. and on a 10-11 sec car.. a good stock location with a nice flowing core is plenty.

Building my next weapon today.. be in the car in a few weeks.. then the bottle gods shall have their say. Turbo has been bumped up to a 71 GTQ with an .85 housing :eek: , compression will be 9.2:1, and plan on shifting it at 6800-7000 RPM's.. fingers crossed.. 140 MPH trap.. with lots of assist :)

Cheater !!!!! :biggrin:

Well this thread was started so I could get more info on what mods I needed to do so you guys arent really off topic. And Ive heard some people hacing problems with front mount I/C's and there car running hotter and stuff so in the long run, I think a Stock Location I/C would work better for me..... by the way, how fast could a Stock Mount PTE Stretch I/C take me time wise? 10's, 11's?

And as for a Wideband (which Im planning on using) what would be the "best" A/F Ratio to shut for using 93 octane and Alky?...... or where should I start end work my way up to (ie start off rich then lean it out) Thanks guys!

You guys are a Plethura of information!

JC'sGN said:
Cheater !!!!! :biggrin:

I need to step it up.. you raised the bar.. sucks to be in second place..

There is an old saying.. unless you are the lead dog.. the view never changes :D

Picture of the Crawford killer enclosed :D

Ohh.. air fuel target is 11.0 to start at WOT

Attachments

• New109block.JPG
    New109block.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 301
Hey Nice Pic!.....But back to my original question, what mods should I start off with. The stock I/C definetly needs replacment and I want to go with a Stock Mount Location Stretch I/C. Im thinking the PTE....anyone?

Also Id go with the Scanmaster, and the Alky kit but anyone else have any mods I should do first or recommend anything else? I want to go with a Wideband also (any suggestions?) and get the RCJ Power Plate to try to ensure even air flow distrubition.......anyone? :confused: :confused:

Mike at Full throttle can hook you up with everything and help give some direction, call them. The PTE stock location I/C is the rite choice and capable of low ten's .The turbo you list is a good choice and would work good with a 3k T/C.