Mighty ZL-1 goes DOWN.

I don't know guess to each their own, everyone has a different mentality about racing and macho street challenges.

I for one when approach on the streets for a show down of testosterone, I have in the past and will continue to ignore them, I have nothing to prove to anyone or risk getting impounded or an accident just for an ego boost. I know my car's history and it's potential and investment value, to risk it on the streets for a moment of speed rush, that's what tracks are for.

And to the other poster about going WOT, there is a difference between going WOT and street racing. This tread is not about the do's and don'ts of WOT it's about street racing.

If street racing is your thing or you get off on it more power to you. But just try to use some judgment and have regards to others safety.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I love when they show the underground lambos going 180 mph on a highway. One mishap and the wreck will go for a quarter mile. Racing with kids in the car is wrong. My Dad did it to. A car can roll over at 20mph. Over 70 mpg the outcome is not going to be good for anyone in the car unless there is a cage then the driver will be Ok but anyone in the back seat is probably going to be pushing daises . The zl1 is a good kill though

I laugh every time I read someone with a fast car lecture people on safety! Have you NEVER went WOT in your own car? Some of you people are a lil over reaching IMO.
It wasn't about safety. It was about being responsible. I have 5 cars...all are powerful. I've gone WOT many times...no biggie. To run WOT till your out of RPM's or in your last gear...too few to count. Most of my cars loose control to easy and I get out of it way before that happens.
This guy posted...he lined up 4-5 times and the daughter was in the car. He wasn't clear. Was daughter in the back in a car seat or was she older??? He then states she is 13-15, so that is a little different.
We all have fun in our cars, but the "quick mention" of a daughter in the car doesn't lend itself to imagining a girl doing Biology homework, it lends itself to a youngster who can't do or say anything about what is going on. A 15 year old can say..." Dad please slow down!" A toddler cannot. That's my point.
As for We4 and his 20 month old and the three digit blasts....you shoulda just stayed quiet. A 20 month old doesn't know what they like, so don't state that they love it. They love people who blow in their face with bad breath too. They don't know any better.
I'm out. You guys enjoy.

Guilty of said WOT. :p You can't slap the grin off of my 19 year olds face when we go for l'il ride and I ruin some high dollar, high maitenance car owners day........

I'm guilty too.......... When we see some high dollar car screwing around my 19 year son always says "wish we had the turbo". He knows, he knows....

Now lets be realistic, I've taken my kids to very high speeds under safe conditions on appropriate roadways. I've let my kids with me in the car drive to 100+ mph speeds under very safe conditions on very specific roadways. They are going to do it just like we did. I want them to have first hand knowledge of what to expect if they do it when I'm not around and to understand how fast things can quickly escalate out of control and how long it takes to stop from such speeds and how slow reacting to changes in direction a vehicle is at speed. To not train and inform them is foolishness. If you think you can raise up kids around hot rods, give them the bug we have and then expect them to have the self control we don't posses you are a fool.

Sorry to hijack the thread now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Good kill!

Mikey

It wasn't about safety. It was about being responsible. I have 5 cars...all are powerful. I've gone WOT many times...no biggie. To run WOT till your out of RPM's or in your last gear...too few to count. Most of my cars loose control to easy and I get out of it way before that happens.
This guy posted...he lined up 4-5 times and the daughter was in the car. He wasn't clear. Was daughter in the back in a car seat or was she older??? He then states she is 13-15, so that is a little different.
We all have fun in our cars, but the "quick mention" of a daughter in the car doesn't lend itself to imagining a girl doing Biology homework, it lends itself to a youngster who can't do or say anything about what is going on. A 15 year old can say..." Dad please slow down!" A toddler cannot. That's my point.
As for We4 and his 20 month old and the three digit blasts....you shoulda just stayed quiet. A 20 month old doesn't know what they like, so don't state that they love it. They love people who blow in their face with bad breath too. They don't know any better.
I'm out. You guys enjoy.

We all know what they say about assuming.... (Imagining) At any rate, when I said the daughter looked at me, if you've ever seen the chopped roof line of the new Camaro maybe one would ASSUME the kid was older... A younger kid couldn't see outta one of those chop top blind spot nightmares. You sit so damn low in those cars my friend has a hard time seeing out of his at 6'. Myself I do not street race over a three-four second blast. If you've ever been to Montana you'd know that what you consider busy roads and what we consider busy roads are light years apart. At 5:00 rush hour it's slower pace here then Most cities are at 2:00 am. When Cal was here tuning my car that was one of his repeated statements of how lucky i was to live in an area with so many open roads. How about ASSUMING someone has a TAD bit of common sense, instead of CONDEMNING someone WITHOUT taking the time to gather facts.... I've got as much in my car as he has in his zl1 probably more. I'm not going to knowingly or otherwise put any person in harms way or my car. You all just ASSUME the man has a baby in a child seat in the front seat or what?!? Small kid certainly can't see out of the quarter windows in one of those things... Maybe this section should only be for track kills then. There are always innocent people on the street. When I was growing up that is where we learned our love for this hobby. Watching fast street cars.

I'm out. You guys enjoy.

You don't know where I live. I assure you on Sunday mornings around here there are plenty of open highways with zero traffic and perfect visibility to do a quick 100+ blast, with my daughter. And I assure you that my 20 month does very much know what she likes and doesn't like and blowing in her face doesn't do it for her. So maybe "you shoulda just stayed quiet" and stop judging. I was merely interjecting my preference and experience given the environment that I choose to live in which affords me these opportunities. I'm sorry if you disagree, but I'm not here to judge you, but you clearly don't know me or my daughter.

You don't know where I live. I assure you on Sunday mornings around here there are plenty of open highways with zero traffic and perfect visibility to do a quick 100+ blast, with my daughter. And I assure you that my 20 month does very much know what she likes and doesn't like and blowing in her face doesn't do it for her. So maybe "you shoulda just stayed quiet" and stop judging. I was merely interjecting my preference and experience given the environment that I choose to live in which affords me these opportunities. I'm sorry if you disagree, but I'm not here to judge you, but you clearly don't know me or my daughter.
You are correct. I will stay quiet. I just want to know where I can move to that will allow me to be free of catastrophic mechanical failures that cause high performance cars to loose control all the time. That must be a great place to live.
Please be safe. I do not want to read a post about anyone here loosing their life or hurting anyone. We owe ourselves to watch out for each other.
Just watch the post about the GN that wrecked in the street race. Do you think he planned on that at 100+ mph???
It happens in the blink of an eye.
To read about me crashing my car while speeding or crashing my car and being killed would be sad...add a small child to it and see how the perception changes.
That's all

I guess the Kill/Fish Stories section needs to be removed from the site entirely. After all no one has a Kill/Fish story from the drag strip since that's not a comparable arena. I hate to see the waiting line at the gynecologist after this thread...there seems to be a bunch of aching vaginas.

I guess the Kill/Fish Stories section needs to be removed from the site entirely. After all no one has a Kill/Fish story from the drag strip since that's not a comparable arena. I hate to see the waiting line at the gynecologist after this thread...there seems to be a bunch of aching vaginas.

Not so much "aching", but more like "sandy"...............:D

This is a kill/"fish story" thread. Don't bring morality and PC please. Just let your hair down and have a little fun. I'm tired of PC..... Bring your issues to the political thread.

Moderators, to make everyone happy create a PC thread and see how it does.... Bet it fails.

Mikey

My son 14 goes to all the car meets and street racing hang outs with me and he is always looking for someone to race us he is always busting my chops for not racing so i guess it depends on how old they are and how safe you drive even my 10 month old grandson loves it when he hears the turbo spool

To each your own, whatever gets you off. I just hope we don't read about you here in a negative way. Safe driving and best, I'm done.

It would have been easy to leave the part out about the kid but he didn't. Everyone has a opinion and a delete button. Let's play nice.