Midwest E98

Spooln1

Just posting this for info purposes.

I recently switched my car over to e85 last summer(double pumper, proper lines etc) and I really enjoy it. Its working out great. My car runs strong and I've got 2 stations relatively nearby that stock it.

Since then, I've been reading up on e98 and I found a source in the midwest that carries and ships. Hope this can help. I've been in contact with their sales guy and wanted to pass along pricing.

These guys will also be at the racing expo in February

1 Drum E98 = $230 (4.18/gal)
shipping (i got quoted for Illinois) = $155
if residential shipping = +$100
*It can be shipped to a business with a forklift or dock to avoid the residential fee. Also can be shipped to local UPS or Fedex for pickup

Ignite Racing Fuel
http://www.igniteracingfuel.com/

2950 West Delphi Pike
Marion, IN 46952

Phone: 765.733.0833
Sales: sales@igniteracingfuel.com

So after shipping it’s $7 per gallon. That may be reasonable to someone I’m sure.

What is the octane in E85 and E98?

D

I've ordered drums before but from someone else. They can ship 4 drums for the price of one so ordering 4 helps

If you frequent the drag strip talk to the person in charge of the fuel depot. They order so much fuel that having a few extra barrels delivered won't effect the price much at all. Less than $200 for 55 gallon barrels of methanol. I doubt e98 would be much different in price. Anyone serious about racing doesn't really care about the price anyway. They what what they want because they know the benefits for their application. The only down side is you have to transport it from the drag strip. Not a big deal since most guys are trailering their race cars with diesel trucks. Barrels can easily be rolled or lifted onto a truck with 2 average strengthen. 3 if they are pussies. Strong men can roll them up with no help at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the octane in E85 and E98?

D

Ethanol does have more benefits than just octane but to answer the question. E85 is probably around 106 octane depending on the source and it actually being e85 and e98 should be above 115 by quite a bit from my research.