Midwest Buick Challenge - 2009 Info

Hi - We have the dates set - September 25 thru 27, at Osceola Dragway in Osceola, IN. I did arrange for a Buick night Friday night at the Simonton Lake Drive-In, like last year. Good food and lots of parking.

Just got the hotel set. We're staying at the Ramada Elkhart - again - 3011 Belvedere Road, Elkhart, IN 46514. Phone number is 574-262-1581. You need to use this code - CGCBCG/SMERF and it's under the Chicago Buick Club name. We have 25 rooms for Friday and Saturday nights, Sept. 25 & 26 and a few rooms for Thursday and Sunday nights. These rooms consist of either a king size bed or 2 double beds for $69. Not a bad price!

I was promised that the rooms have been rehabbed - new carpets, new linens and bedspreads, new mattresses, new drapes and sheers, etc. We drove around outside and yes, the outside is all spiffy. So we're giving them another shot. Plus the Bennigan's is still there and that was sooooo handy.

They are hanging onto the rooms until Sept. 10; after that it's an availability issue. So please call soon.

We're still hammering out other details so stay tuned!

might have to try to attend this one. Im in northern, IN but it shouldnt be too bad of a drive

finally let some people see the l67 in :cool: person

That wasnt a bump tom, that was the sonic BOOM from the white T in the other lane.... :D

I don't know how long they will be able to let fast cars (10's and better) run the 1/4 there without the track getting some much needed attention.................might have to run 1/8's there in the near future.

Do they have camping at the track?

They do not normally allow camping at this track. The loop hole is: they will allow you stay with your trailer for security reasons overnight. Yes you can bring that gleaming Freightliner and big trailer to the track and spend the night.

Kevin is correct, the rail yard is very near by. I bet it is really loudd when you pass out on an open car trailer after drinking Budweiser all night:biggrin: :biggrin:

They do not normally allow camping at this track. The loop hole is: they will allow you stay with your trailer for security reasons overnight. Yes you can bring that gleaming Freightliner and big trailer to the track and spend the night.

I would trade 2 gleaming Freightliners for 1 gleaming Kenworth but thats another story.

Kevin is correct, the rail yard is very near by. I bet it is really loudd when you pass out on an open car trailer after drinking Budweiser all night:biggrin: :biggrin:

Correction. The sound wouldn't matter if enough Bud's were drank;)

I wonder how many TSM cars we will have?

Me
Tim
Toni
Phil
Steve H?
Scott C
Turbo Cliff?
Walt Judy?

will be there

I should be there for friday and saturday. Don't know about sunday, will have to wait and see. Hopefully I get all the kinks worked out and dont embarass myself again this year.... :rolleyes:

Friday Evening.
The Osceola Dragway track program will be available Friday evening gates Open 4:00pm
Osceola Dragway
56328 Ash Road
Osceola, IN 46561

Cuise starting around 7:00 PM.
Simonton Lake Drive In
51602 State Road 19
Elkhart, IN
(574) 264-6726

Saturday

Gates Open 8:00 am racing order as follows:
BCO Qualifying Rounds / Elimination Rounds
TSM Qualifying Rounds / Elimination Rounds
TSO Qualifying Round / Elimination Rounds
THS Qualifying Round / Elimination Rounds
Gamblers Race (open to all Buicks)
Ladies Race
Test and tune lane all day
Osceola Dragway
56328 Ash Road
Osceola, IN 46561
Dinner for Sponsors and participants at about 7:00 PM Between the Buns

Sunday
Testing and tuning with declared racing class
Quick 16 Qualifying Round
* Modified Class
* Street Class

Osceola Dragway
56328 Ash Road
Osceola, IN 46561

• Modified Eliminator: Limited to vehicles running 0 to 13.99 seconds.
• Street Class: Street Class is open to door cars only running 12.00 seconds or slower.

(• Electronics, Delay Boxes, Air Throttles, Trans Brakes, and Two Steps are prohibited.
• Line Locks are permitted for burn outs only.)

Which class are these rules for?

cannot open flier because in frt page format?? Needs to be published from frt page. Thanks.

Now I see it was the Flier giving a few Turbobuick.com users fits, therefore added a pdf version as well as the xps version. When I upgraded to Windows 7, Adobe Writer was lost, so was trying the feature to create xps files. Now found that "Open Office" includes a pdf writer so can create pdf files again.

For information on xps viewers for Windows XP see:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/viewxps.mspx

or for Vista or Windows 7 users see:

What is the XPS Viewer? - Windows Vista Help

Hope to see you all at Jimmy's car show this weekend and at the Midwest Buick Challenge in September.

Have made some updates:
2000 MWC Index