Mid Atlantic G-Body Association

MuscleMayhem

mag-ba president
After much discussion and such, Butch (BadOlds) and i decided to form Mid Atlantic G-Body Association (MAGBA) covering PA, NJ, MD, DE, and DC... We decided to do a general G-Body club because it will allow us to do more, Like run shows, and have track rentals sponsored by the club... We are still forming everything, and hope to have everything up and running soon...

if your interested please email me...

JMauro@goDragRacing.com

How many are there??

How many mid-atlantic organizations are there?? Don't get me wrong, I wish you luck on your endeavor, but it seems like I've heard of quite a few clubs in this region.

Re: How many are there??

Originally posted by gn85
How many mid-atlantic organizations are there?? Don't get me wrong, I wish you luck on your endeavor, but it seems like I've heard of quite a few clubs in this region.

Yeah seriously. There are several. Each may offer something for the participant that the other might not, but I think you might have wanted to do a little better research before you started.

Mid-Atlantic Grand National Assoc.
http://members.aol.com/grndnatnlx/magna/main.html

http://www.turbobuicks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=33

Perhaps it's just me, but I think a lot of TR owners like the uniqueness of our cars... and like to keep separate from the other G-bodies.

:confused:

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF BANNING:)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND THE CLUB NAME YOU ARE CHOOSING TO USE "MAGBA"
SOUNDS ALOT LIKE OUR TURBO REGAL CLUB WHICH HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE NOW "MAGNA" Mid Atlantic Grand National Association................................EVER HEARD OF IT:confused:
Please choose a different club name to avoid the confusion;)

yes i did do research... and did know that there are a good amount of other Mid Atlantic clubs... the reason we choose Mid Atlantic is because thats what covers the region that we want to cover...

WE SUPPORT YOU FORMING THE CLUB DONT GET US WRONG. CLUBS ARE FUN AND A CHANCE TO GET TOGETHER WITH OTHER OWNERS OF THE SAME CARS AND TALK SHOP.
I DO NOT THINK ANYONE WANTS TO START A WAR HERE, BUT YOU COULD CHOSE ANOTHER NAME FOR THE CLUB. MAGNA WAS AROUND FIRST & (MAGBA) IS ONE LETTER OFF.
CAN YOU SEE THE CONFUSION THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN DOWN THE ROAD SCHEDULEING EVENTS & SUCH :rolleyes:
G-BODY CARS ALL THE SAME BODY OR NOT, OURS AS BANNING SAID ABOVE ARE UNIQUE TO ANY OTHER G-BODY PRODUCED AND WE TR OWNERS WILL PROBABLY STAY WITHIN A TURBO REGAL CLUB.

BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR CLUB:)

well... can you help me with ideas for a name? i dont want confusion, or trouble at all... if i can come up with another name then thats fine... but Mid Atlantic seems to fit the idea we have for the club the best... but like i said... any other ideas?

Actually, if you want to get technical, there were a couple of others here before MAGBA and MAGNA...

BGNRA - Buick Grand National Racing Association
MGNA - Manitoba Grand National Association
MAGS - Mid-Atlantic Gran Sports
MGTNA - Minnesota Grand National & T-Type Association

I don't think anyone is "copying" anyone else. It's a common location (Mid Atlantic), car (G-Body/GN) and idea (Association). What'cha gonna do? There's just a comon love of cars and the idea of trying to get others with the same interest together. They've got a right to do that just as much as we do.

Best of luck in your endevor.

P.S. A pretty good list of other Buick clubs can be found here: http://www.gnttype.org/general/clubs.html

-Banning Cohen
Mid-Atlantic Grand National Association
Associate Director & Delaware state rep.