Metal Buildings, Garages, Advice

vicious6

Turbo Regal Obsessed
I am thinking of this route for a garage. Anyone have any reccomendations on a supplier, prices, or experience with these things?

Thanks,
Joey :biggrin:

we got an estimate on a 80x40 wood structured metal skinned building for around 24 grand :eek:

of course you probaby dont need a small warehouse :)

Just gave 28,000 for a 40x100x14 building with 3 12x12 roll up, 2 3x7 walk through doors, and 3" insulation complete, delivered with tax.

It is a red iron and steel building.

The foundation/slab cost me 14000 in parts and labor.

I can't wait to get this sucker finished!

Attachments

• 101_3065.jpg
    101_3065.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 101_3063.jpg
    101_3063.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 166
If it gets cold in NC, then i would suggest a ground heat source pump setup.

Somewhat free heat in the winter and somewhat free ac in the summer.
It will pay for itself in 8 years.

BW

What ever you decide on---double it. You WILL fill it up in a short time. 24x40 x14 (5/12 pitch) with 3 rollups and insulated on slab was about 12k total. with stood 2 direct hurricanes with cosmetic damage only. Watch your building codes. Erection cost about $2 a square. Easy enough to do yourself though. Mine started as a 4 bay, it's down to 1 1/2 now :mad:

SFITurbo said:
What ever you decide on---double it. You WILL fill it up in a short time. 24x40 x14 (5/12 pitch) with 3 rollups and insulated on slab was about 12k total. with stood 2 direct hurricanes with cosmetic damage only. Watch your building codes. Erection cost about $2 a square. Easy enough to do yourself though. Mine started as a 4 bay, it's down to 1 1/2 now :mad:

hell ya, we are building a 100k building, shop/offices. Plumbing, insulation, radiant heat for the shop, forced air for the offices, 2 bathrooms, one for the office one for the shop. 2 bays one with a drive through door. so 3 doors.

Its nice. We were ganna go with the floor radiant heat, but the insulation to withstand the pipes and dumptruck/ machines was 14k alone :eek: But yeah if your ganna do it, do it right, youll be glad. plus it will make all those long night better with heat/ac food and a t.v. :D