Message to CT People

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Sometime this spring we will have to do the get together either at Hooters or else a track rental. :)

Otto not much to check out on my cars, but, if we do the get together, one of them will be there for sure.

Can't wait to go racing with a non-slipping tranny.

Spring is right around the corner..... :D

I am ready when you are. Is your trans all set? If not maybe i can help. I am waiting for my 72BB turbo,I am either going real fast (on low boost) or ordering a new aluminum block to build(we will wait and see how this motor does:D
OTTO

I am getting 2 rebuilt Schertz trannies for the cars and one new converter. Already had a 3K Vigilante on the shelf.

Buying a 62 turbo rebuilt by J. Craig for one car and swapping the PTE51 into the GN since its' stocker is leaking oil at 115K miles.

Out of money for the ball bearing 66 I wanted to buy from Jack.

Maybe next year. :)

GN needs some Baer discs in the front too. That may have to wait until I hit the lottery.... :D

Should be ready for the first track rental in the spring.

If anyone hears of a good event let me know. :cool:

Excepting a rice event of course. ;)

I'm in the market for a new converter. Maybe a PTS 9/11. Want something with lockup and I think I'm going to upgrade from a 12".

I'm going with the Protorque in the other car. Hopefully will be okay it'a 10.5" one, lockup. 3200 stall for the big turbo. :)

Tranny should be ready by Feb. 1 or so.

Turbo goes in right after that... unless I put it in myself then in that case it will be late March LOL.

Looking at the Norwalk event, it would be a looooooong 10 hour drive.

I'd do it in 2 days and sleep over about 3 hours from Norwalk in Grove City PA. About 7 1/2hr. drive.

Well at least I looked it up. :)

Let me know if y'all hear of any track rental plans. :cool:

Originally posted by Bens87tr
I'm in the market for a new converter. Maybe a PTS 9/11. Want something with lockup and I think I'm going to upgrade from a 12".

Ben.......How's it going???? I'm also looking at converters, but i'm having a hard time decideing on which one!! To many out there, and you hear different storys on them all. Guess i'm just gonna have to pick one and hope for the best. I'm hoping this will help my **** ass short times!!!

Salvage......Yea, i'm looking at winter the same way. IT WILL BE OVER SOON!! (hopefully) :D It will be great getting together again for a track rental, hopefully at the Valley, as I just hate those 4 hour one-way events!!;)

Ken

Yup the ride to the Valley from here is actually smooth and relaxing as you wind through the hills in Mass.

As opposed to 'da Bronx. :D

Can't wait, hoping for a rental in April. :)

My Vigilante single disk is working fine in the GN, 9 inch lockup.

Kinda pricey but most people like them. Good luck with your searches.

3K stall is a good number if you are considering a bigger turbo someday.

From a Former "Wallingfordian"

Think about going to Bristol in September.

Forget the CT/NY/NJ portion of I-95...one of worst stretches of Interstate in America.

Take I-84-W to I-81-S...beautiful drive...no tolls...Mega-track, super event! Take a pal or 2, take turns driving...piece o' cake!

Have an adventure!

:) :) :)

Thinking about Ohio in May too.

PA is a nice state to drive through. :)

I'm a BPG member too. :cool:

Took the "T' out today for a short burst............OMG, the power is unbelievable!!!!!! Holy cow............oh wait, it's all coming back to me now.:( It's the same car I parked a couple months ago..........HURRY UP SPRING!!! Don't no how long I can drive that 4 cly Grand Am in the driveway now.:p

Can't wait until the car can come out of the garage!! :D I love the snow but I miss GN burbling, whistling, street terrorizing GN!

As soon as you guys are ready, say the word! LVD here we come! I am actually gonna get off my lazy ass and work on the GN today! :eek:

Steve :)

PS-salvage, maybe we can meet up sometime. I wanna get this coil pack back to you before I trip over it and kill myself! :D ;)

Steve

Originally posted by Black Box
PS-salvage, maybe we can meet up sometime. I wanna get this coil pack back to you before I trip over it and kill myself! :D ;)

Steve

Maybe we can all meet up locally, and shoot the sh** SOON!!! Don't have to bring a TR, just talk shop and maybe get a bite to eat!!!:D Prefer a weekend, but open to suggestions.

Ken

Sounds cool to me! Maybe grab some breakfast on a Saturday at a centrally located 'greasy spoon'? Of course, there's always Hooters! :D

Steve

WPLR is having a Super Bowl party at Hooters. :)

Anyway maybe early March we can meet up and get some wings perhaps early on a Friday evening. Happy hour deal. That way the alchoholics can stay for the evening. :D

Better chance more TR's might show up as well. I know I'll have one that's all I got. :cool:

Bristol is tooooo faaaaarrrrrrr. ;)

Might need that coil pack sometime this decade Steve. :D

Can't wait for the tracks to open. Drove the GN to the bank today, boy does it need some serious cleaning. :eek:

So does salvageV6 but no biggy there... :rolleyes:

If its not to cold or snowing, Im driving mine, was out today boy it loves this weather especially with that new BB turbo. But i am going down to pull the heads right now, to do a double valve spring install,and fix a couple of stripped exhaust bolts in the head, Then maybe it will pull past 5200, Checked my spring pressures and they were 110 at 1.750 BUT i measured the valve height on the head and its only 1.860! that is maybe 90-100 # pressure, Just not enough for that roller cam. WIll have the tool to grind the spring seats on wed.
So should be back out by the weekend (have to much other work to do)
Otto

$650 plus installation. :(

The Vigilante single disk is working fine in the GN I think they are about $699 plus install.

Just dropped over $3K on trannys! :eek:

I need another beer. :D

salvage, if you somewhat local get a hold of mew sometime, i work in a tranny shop and can use it when i please, could save you the money on the labor.
Otto