Members Fee's

TB Members fee

• Total voters

SS/GN

Just curious how many would pay to use the site with no pop up kind of adds.Advertising by supporting Buick vendors only.Ok let me have it:eek:

Kevin

What about a way to limit who sells things.... maybe people above a certain post count, who are known members, would be free and those who are new or have NO post count could pay a minimal fee, that way you cut out some of the trash and have a paper trail for those "unscrupulous" people trying to unload stolen goods. But to the original question, i wouldnt mind paying a small fee to limit ads... but i am all for Shane and Jay providing a free service to us and making some money too...

aaron

Sorry BUT Shane an Jay are making a killin here !! :eek::tongue: hmmm I see a banned hammer coming my way !! :biggrin: I voted for the last thing posted to.. Hats and T shirts would def help a lot I think. The "Bullet" does very good when they "open their store" for $$$$. Another site I am on trys to collect $$$ once a year. I don't have a prob with that at all but there are some guys that are out of work, sick or whatever (NO NOT ME !!). We are a pretty good size "BB". Hell I have another site that had only a few 100 people. Guys helped out what they could.

There should also be a list of who donated and how much so we can see who puts their money where their mouth is.

Jay and I talked today and the google stuff is back up to par. If things stay this way we "should" be fine. I feel another server upgrade is in the near future but that is for another day...

I may put a donation button as well...

I will try to have some shirts ready by Christmas, that would help as I will put any profit towards site projects...

Got to give it to 8sec109, he put his money where his mouth is!

The reason the vintage bmx sites charge a member fee is to keep trolls out of the for sale sections and keep ripoffs to a minimum.

a music gear site i belong to asks that you become a supporting member in order to post items for sale, its an annual fee

Jay and I talked today and the google stuff is back up to par. If things stay this way we "should" be fine. I feel another server upgrade is in the near future but that is for another day...

I may put a donation button as well...

I will try to have some shirts ready by Christmas, that would help as I will put any profit towards site projects...

Got to give it to 8sec109, he put his money where his mouth is!

Shane

Post up or pm me your pay pal, I want to shoot you a few bucks for the last items we sold on the board.

I voted sell merchandise but donations get a thumbs up as well. The donations seem to be a hit. Maybe start with that and then add shirts, etc. Donations would get the money coming quicker.

Shane, let me know the fee. I will gladly hand it to you in person at the nats. I appreciate this site tremendously!! I think a fee is acceptable. Phil.

Even if we had a minimum of $5 a year, most of the trolls would be gone. Some of us actually support this board with good info, buying from vendors, helping fellow members on and off the site. I think most of us guys who do support the site would be glad to pitch some cash towards the site, even if the google ads stay. It would be very nice to get rid of half the trash and trashy people on this board. Just my two penny's!:redface:

The Maverick board I'm on has a set fee ($25/yr) that's completely voluntary. If you donate, you get add'l upload space, PM's, e-mail space, etc and a "Donating Member" button under you name...

Voted for Donations.

I don't join pay groups, so I never would have found the benefit I've experienced as a result of membership here if I had to pay, just to find what I'd get out of it.

What I've gotten out of it though is more than the price of Gold. Having that opportunity afforded to me freely justifies and maybe even requires that I take on some of the weight of it's further availability to others freely.

Sorry guys, I know these sites do cost $ to be online but I already shell out $45/mo. to access the internet. If I had to pay for each site I wanted to visit on top of that, even though it is a great site, I'd dump it all in a heartbeat. I don't mind the ads when knowing that they are there to pay the bills and have even followed a few. Keep up the good work, thanks.

Sorry guys, I know these sites do cost $ to be online but I already shell out $45/mo. to access the internet. If I had to pay for each site I wanted to visit on top of that, even though it is a great site, I'd dump it all in a heartbeat. I don't mind the ads when knowing that they are there to pay the bills and have even followed a few. Keep up the good work, thanks.

Sooooo you wouldn't/couldn't rationalize a years dues at say $10 / $20 :confused: Thats sad. Well if they do end up doing some sort of "donation" thing you always have "TurboBuickS.com" :rolleyes: Lots of good info over there :p