Melissa's "secret" 9.94 @ 138.17 combo

A hillbilly friend of mine has a saying...."There are two things a guy will lie about..."The size of his d**k and how much boost he was running" Lee Thompson

Not implying you are a liar Dan, just thought of it....Doesn't really matter how much boost he was running. It had to be up there..Bottom line is he ran the number.

hahahahahaha...:eek: :p I think the boost spiked to 21 once .. damm boost controllers :wink:

What boost controller are you running Dan? I use the MSD controller and like it..Specially for the money. Very consistent and steady.

A hillbilly friend of mine has a saying...."There are two things a guy will lie about..."The size of his d**k and how much boost he was running" Lee Thompson

Not implying you are a liar Dan, just thought of it....Doesn't really matter how much boost he was running. It had to be up there..Bottom line is he ran the number.

not a liar just given a good line of BS :p :biggrin: didn'y ya see the ":wink: " :biggrin:

IIRC...... you won't tell what E.T. your car runs. :p

Because I street race. How many would I win if I told the guy I was racing how fast I was? Boost is just a number and doesnt directly relate to et. Ive ran over 35psi before and I know of others who run 40. Just curious if this grumpy car ran more than I did when my combo/et was almost identical. Either way, Id still try them heads up on the street for a few thousand :eek:

Because I street race. How many would I win if I told the guy I was racing how fast I was? Boost is just a number and doesnt directly relate to et. Ive ran over 35psi before and I know of others who run 40. Just curious if this grumpy car ran more than I did when my combo/et was almost identical. Either way, Id still try them heads up on the street for a few thousand :eek:

I'm just bustin your cods a little cause you have some information that hasn't/will likely never see the light of day on these boards either.....

I don't blame Dan... or you for that matter......for not spilling the beans.. on all the nitty gritty...

I will be pushing my new bullit soon..... and I will not likely tell all either... hopefully I make it into the 10's somewhere...

True. Just curious if they got it done with more or lest boost than I did. I guess we'll never know!

A lot I have read about the GT67 wheel indicates that it will not make any more power past 26-27psi. Maybe the GTQ wheel helps this but this has been my experience with my TE67 with a p-trim. There are a lot of people running this 67 turbo these days. Who makes more power past 27psi? I for one do not.

A lot I have read about the GT67 wheel indicates that it will not make any more power past 26-27psi. Maybe the GTQ wheel helps this but this has been my experience with my TE67 with a p-trim. There are a lot of people running this 67 turbo these days. Who makes more power past 27psi? I for one do not.

26-27psi is the sweet spot....They must have every other component on the car in the sweet spot as well. Everything must harmonize to acheive those numbers.:smile:

26-27psi is the sweet spot....They must have every other component on the car in the sweet spot as well. Everything must harmonize to acheive those numbers.:smile:

isn't it a good combination what its all about :p ??? .. hell we have a guy up here a few weeks ago running low 12s @ 107 .. car was nice !! I figured a few stupid thing on a stocker .. then he came over to Melissa's car and his eyes popped out of his head.. looked at his ...front mount, alum heads and the list went on an on :eek: hey ..whatever floats your boat :p

ok..... today is rip some of the interior out to do the front part of the cage...anyone want to help :p

You wont need that for Reynolds. last night here at BMP Richie ran a 9.53.. on a 6 point.. so dont worry.. do the bar during winter.

Cheers :D

We went 10.6@128 with a pump gas tune on a stock bottom end including hyper pistons and no girdle. Back in 2004. This is very impressive. Congrats.

Ok.. I'll let the secret out on the boost number.. read it carefully..

He ran enough boost to trap 138 MPH in a 3650 lb car.. it is what it is... :D

All i can say is that car is awsome keep up the good work.just simply amazing what you guys and girls (Mellisa) have done to make that little 3.8 with hair blowdryer on it run like that . congrates..:biggrin:

Puttin' those Cometics to good use no doubt :) Only one thing concerns me...If and when it comes apart, I wouldn't want my kid in it. Something to think about Dan.

Any thoughts on running w/o the alky, but with C16 to see how it does? Sounds like a terror for the TSS class @ B.G. that way?

I'd like to see how the water-cooled DBB-67GTQ compares to the Te67 and Te45a.

K.

Puttin' those Cometics to good use no doubt :) Only one thing concerns me...If and when it comes apart, I wouldn't want my kid in it. Something to think about Dan.

well we do have a girdle to hold things in place "maybe" .. I am doin the rest of the cage tomorrow and sunday :cool:

Congrats Dan and Mellisa!!!! As you know already,it is all in the combo,with everything matching with the right tune for YOUR CAR!! I was told back in 1998 that my car could not go a 10.37 @ 130 with 55lb injectors with only a te62 turbo with a completely stock short block.
But it did and the 98 tape of the Nationals proves it. 25psi down track with a 20 lb launch. 1.38 60ft off of the t-brake. I was the purple car in Super 16 with the only stock motor.These motors when they are set up right will run the #,s. Your right, it is an Age thing!!

Once again, congrats Dan and Mellisa:D :D

Puddin