Melissa's "secret" 9.94 @ 138.17 combo

Again Grumpy, nice times. You say you're lazy but the way your car runs is telling a different story!:D I done all those little "tricks" to mine back in the day so you're not fooling me!:p

I actually ran 107mph in the 8th mile with "eyeballed" home ported heads, intake, 214-210 roller cam, 2 and 1/2 stock intercoolers. This was with a stock crank, rods, pistons and a girdle on a 109 block. The headers were ATR stainless with a 3" downpipe. The turbo was a TE70 P trim I bought in 1998-99. I had to run 30psi of boost and 116 fuel to achieve those mph numbers. So given the fact you have a better intercooler, newest design Q trim turbo and your heads/intake most likely professionally ported and tuned by someone that does this kind of stuff all day I have little doubt that you car can't run the number on less boost. Apparently, my set-up was also pretty good for a " home-grown thrown-together" engine. It was back in 1999 when I ran those times. My focus today with my combination is to get more air in the engine without having to run excessive boost.

Puttin' those Cometics to good use no doubt :) Only one thing concerns me...If and when it comes apart, I wouldn't want my kid in it. Something to think about Dan.

pretty sure her father wouldnt stick her into a time bomb just to brag to you on a message board. the car/driver/mechanic are all ligit and have wayyyy more thought and time into the car then anyone realizes. it sure is cool to go fast, but if there was a chance it would hurt someone gong down the track russ wouldnt let it out of the driveway. not trying to be a dick but if you met these guys youd know theyve already thought about that.

That's why Dan is trying to get the cage done. See ya in Reynolds!

nope !! not trying !! DOING IT :p :biggrin: Chassis guy is working sat an sunday for me .. thats what ya call "I owe ya" . I have never "pushed" him so he is coming threw in our jam to get this done right away .. besides I have her mother asking "this car is safe right" :cool: ..car has all SFI and safety equipment . All she needs now is the license for 9s.. been runing 10s for a while .. the car is driven everyday .. all of us notice anything and everything .. car gets more TLC than I do :frown: lots of preventive maintenance goes in this thing.. it isn't something we drag out of the garage and race twice a year :eek: YES the car can break!!! part of racing .. I call them "growing pains" ..
.. thanks for all the concern for Melissa :biggrin:

I would put money on it that this thing has a 350 chevy in it.
this Grumpy guy thinks he knows his Buicks but he is really a Ford guy deep down.;)

nope !! not trying !! DOING IT :p :biggrin: Chassis guy is working sat an sunday for me .. thats what ya call "I owe ya" . I have never "pushed" him so he is coming threw in our jam to get this done right away .. besides I have her mother asking "this car is safe right" :cool: ..car has all SFI and safety equipment . All she needs now is the license for 9s.. been runing 10s for a while .. the car is driven everyday .. all of us notice anything and everything .. car gets more TLC than I do :frown: lots of preventive maintenance goes in this thing.. it isn't something we drag out of the garage and race twice a year :eek: YES the car can break!!! part of racing .. I call them "growing pains" ..
.. thanks for all the concern for Melissa :biggrin:

Hey Grumpy snap some pics when it's all done. Would like to see the end result of the cage.

Thanks,
Jason

I've tried to sift through all the b.s. and post what Grumpy and Russ posted, in a Reader's Digest version. Correct me if I'm wrong, but here is the combo:

Grumpy’s Combo

9.94 @ 138.14 1.46 60'

Engine
RJC girdle
ARP hardware
109 stock block
Diamond .020 pistons
stock crank cut 20/20
stock rods
SFI balancer and flexplate from Mike @ Full Throttle
212/212 Comp roller cam
Champion STEEL ported heads
Cometic Headgaskets
Champion ported stock intake
RJC power plate
stock plenum
stock TB bored to 62mm
stock crappy factory headers and crossover
3" down pipe to a dual 3" exhaust (we run threw the exhaust)
Dequick V4 stock location intercooler
67 GTQ
DBB Precision Turbo
RJC boost valve
60# inj
Russ Merritt plug wires
stock ign and coil pack from G
single pump in tank / hot wire
ALKY DUAL NOZZLE set up from Julio
200R4
Russ Merrit trans with Bruce's billet "stuff" .. PTS 9/11 converter from Bruce @ PTS .
stock rear end w c/clip eliminators (remember we are only running drag radials) Moser axles and a TA rear cover.
UMI stock replacement rear control arms
ATR rear sway bar
Koni rear shocks
reg old front tires
MT drag radials
a Boost and oil pressure guage.. Tack
SCANMASTER
TURBO TWEAK CHIP
3 1/2" LS1 MAF from Full Throttle
NGK UR5 plugs gapped .030
Car weighs 3536#
275/60/15s
HRParts left motor mount

guy hasn't got up yet :rolleyes: looks like a long night whenever he gets his butt in gear :eek:

Installing a 'cage isn't a five hour deal, either!! I feel for the guy. I sware I will NEVER do another one every time I start wiping sweat from my eyes and picking molten weld slag from my ear canal (THAT happened to me when I installed my cage:eek: :mad: ) But...........I seem to forget easily.:rolleyes:
Great job with her car Dan. You SHOULD be proud.:)

Installing a 'cage isn't a five hour deal, either!! I feel for the guy. I sware I will NEVER do another one every time I start wiping sweat from my eyes and picking molten weld slag from my ear canal (THAT happened to me when I installed my cage:eek: :mad: ) But...........I seem to forget easily.:rolleyes:
Great job with her car Dan. You SHOULD be proud.:)

Cages DO take time like ya said ..she already had the rear part but we decided to "improve" the side bars along with the front halo. :rolleyes: :biggrin: ... picking it up in 2 hours :biggrin: then doin a few "tweaks" before Reynolds :p thanks for the compliment .. this car has been a lot of work. hope it pays off when we get down there .. I know I know .. the "GREED" factor :cool:

i dont know what the hell russ has up his evil sleeve but theres a strange looking motor in the back of his truck. and he laughed at the 10 grand i tried to stuff in his pocket for it........big things going on. USA!

hahaha. you know I have been away from this site for a loooong time. Good to see Dan is still up to his same ol' sh*t :biggrin: How the heck are ya old man!!? long time no see, looks like ur still takin the credit for all the tuning that Melissa's doing, eh? ;)

p.s. I was GinoGNnut on IRC... is that thing still around?

cheers

hahaha. you know I have been away from this site for a loooong time. Good to see Dan is still up to his same ol' sh*t :biggrin: How the heck are ya old man!!? long time no see, looks like ur still takin the credit for all the tuning that Melissa's doing, eh? ;)

p.s. I was GinoGNnut on IRC... is that thing still around?

cheers

hahahaha... I remember ya Gino .. Didn't you have a TTA at one time ??:p dunno if IRC is still there .. ok back to work :rolleyes: