Maxeffort thumbwheel - anyone still running it?

DMan

buh bye
Hey all

Going to resurrect the gn after a few quiet years. I'm running an older maxeffort chip with stock maf.

Is anyone else still running this setup? Should I stick with this for now or have things improved vastly?

Am not looking to do a FAST or equivalent.

Other parts of my build are dutt neck ic, big valve ported irons and manifold, 62 turbo, 60 injectors, DIY alky, stock but rebuilt internals,and other prerequisites to support fuel and airflow the above.

Current plans for this year are to go to an fmic, and a progressive controller for the alky.

Opinions appreciated.

Ran one for years, did a lot of good with it...Only changed to go to a fast.

You could upgrade it. Send it to Eric and he can make it a mafless with wideband O2 correction for you.

16 pos with maf

Currently running 16pos for MAF and 50#ers. Still like to be able to switch timing and fuel while moving. got 23 mpg with cruz mode.
Havent had anything else with recent combo but also havent had the desire to change.
if i was to try something else i might try a Turbo Tweek Alchy chip.

max effort 16 pos. thumbwheel

hi, i'm currently running a max effort 16 position chip & am very happy with it. have run red armstrong's chips both 93 & 100 and the max i like better. have experimented with letters & number settings. have run 11.61 115.00 with it on 5 setting 22 lbs. boost . the letter settings i believe are 26 timing, #'s 18. my car specs are at my new members post.

The Max Effort 16-pos chip is a nice piece. Since it's open-loop, you can pretty much tweak anything from idle-mixture, lean-cruise, to mid-boost fuel etc. WOT fuel can be changed with the switch, and also the timing can be changed from street to strip using the switch. Also I'm currently running Eric's 6.0 chip with wide-band correction, I still hung onto my ME chip just in case I ever want to go back to an open-loop design.