Max Boost on 93 Octane?

I was able to save a log today. I'm beginning to think the knock I encountered at 20# was due to the TC locking up and rpms getting pulled down. Anyway, here it is:

0 knock in this log. Was this after lowering the boost ? Looks like you were not at WOT per the TPS.

have fun with it, sound knock sensor and igntion control circuits. slowly bring up boostt and WOT blasts till starts knocking. ta da....lol. max boost on 93.

0 knock in this log. Was this after lowering the boost ? Looks like you were not at WOT per the TPS.
Yes this was after lowering the boost. I basically just measured the old stock wastegate and set the adjustable one to that length. I also backed the Boostvalve controller out until only a few threads were holding it. I noticed the TPS too. I had it to the floor. The TPS still reads from .44 to 4.3v solid when I checked it after I saw the log. I'll keep an eye on that next time as it looked like it was all over the place and never got over 4v.

I understand you need a WOT reading of 4.75 or greater? AC cut off or the like? I'm not certain on the .75, maybe higher? I read somewhere.

Joel

Yes this was after lowering the boost. I basically just measured the old stock wastegate and set the adjustable one to that length. I also backed the Boostvalve controller out until only a few threads were holding it. I noticed the TPS too. I had it to the floor. The TPS still reads from .44 to 4.3v solid when I checked it after I saw the log. I'll keep an eye on that next time as it looked like it was all over the place and never got over 4v.

My TPS was not moving the full range at WOT. I found that the adjusting screw holes not only have rotational movement but due to the slop in the holes can be pulled forward and slightly up while adjusting, this will allow the TPS arm to contact the throttle body roll pin at its longest point giving the TPS full motion, if you push it back the opposite will happen. Also be sure your detent cable is not too tight stopping it from going to WOT first, if this is the problem find the proper adjustment procedure before messing with it.

I understand you need a WOT reading of 4.75 or greater? AC cut off or the like? I'm not certain on the .75, maybe higher? I read somewhere.

Joel
Mine is set at 4.75 but to be honest I found no power difference between 3.75 and 4.75 WOT on the Powerlogger when logs were compared, may be other advantages that I missed.

Mine is set at 4.75 but to be honest I found no power difference between 3.75 and 4.75 WOT on the Powerlogger when logs were compared, may be other advantages that I missed.
I read anything over 3.75-4v is considered WOT? I was going to replace my TPS sensor when I found out it was 'maxed' at 4.3v, but read that 4.3 was sufficient. I checked the TPS again(key on without engine running) after I saw the low voltage on the log and it still went to 4.3v. That's why I don't get the strange readings on the pl file.

I made a good thread a while back where I posted a lot of good info here:
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/12-2-113-on-pump-gas-no-alky.334337/

Later in the thread you can see where I got an 11.9 run on pump gas with only a 1.8 60ft on crappy Nittos. Later, I upgraded to a 66 turbo and Cottons front mount and went 11.7@120 at 20lbs boost with a poor 1.9 60ft on the same Nittos with the alky on. With a decent tire on pump gas only, I could have went deep into the 11s no doubt.

Check out the link above for everything about that combo.

Ive been to 20psi plus on 93......everyday boost level is 16.4 ..... Made 300 horse at the wheels at the tb.com nats at richards a couple weeksago at 16.4.......
Te44
3.5 down pipe
Stretched sfock location ic
60lb inj
Tt chip
Ported stock heads and intake
Stock cam
Oriellys bought short bock, lol

Ive been to 20psi plus on 93......everyday boost level is 16.4 ..... Made 300 horse at the wheels at the tb.com nats at richards a couple weeksago at 16.4.......
Te44
3.5 down pipe
Stretched sfock location ic
60lb inj
Tt chip
Ported stock heads and intake
Stock cam
Oriellys bought short bock, lol

And in the tens on AFR.

Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh reilys LOL

I went 11.90@118 on 93 and only 18#. No alky

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I went 11.90@118 on 93 and only 18#. No alky

WOW, 11.9 is quick, must be excellent tune. I see you have ported heads and intake. I am curious as to how quick I can go, completely stock other than 17 psi via adjustable wastegate?
Joel

A 45a don't hurt it either. Maybe one day i will wick it up and see what she's got