Matching Numbers

gnman87

Hey guys and gals.. I was on the GNTTPE.ORG mailing list for at least 10 years.. was an op for a time at #Buickgn on irc and have learned from many of the gurus with our cars. I distinctly remember some years ago that there was a consensus that there really was no way to tell if the engine and tranny you get with the car is original. Now, I'm hearing otherwise.. what gives?

jp

The VIN is stamped on the engine block and trans case so its very easy to verify a numbers matching car. Lots of new information turns up everyday on these cars. I've been accumulating all the information I can find. 10 years ago I didn't have enough to file up half a bankers box. Today I think its at least up to 5 boxes.

He's right .I bought a Limited from a a woman who bought an 87' Limited off the floor. White with blue interior. Hard interior colr. As i wasn't at the time interested in matching numbers. It took a while to find this one and that.

But they do exist.Just input.......

Hey guys and gals.. I was on the GNTTPE.ORG mailing list for at least 10 years.. was an op for a time at #Buickgn on irc and have learned from many of the gurus with our cars. I distinctly remember some years ago that there was a consensus that there really was no way to tell if the engine and tranny you get with the car is original. Now, I'm hearing otherwise.. what gives?

jp

My block numbers perfectly match the last 5-6 (or so) characters of my VIN.

I have an '87GN.

Gn

forgot to mention my GN. Yep,before I bought it i went 2hours through the car.
Thought the guy wass going to run me off. but they all matched as did the paint. 2,100 org miles. So i had to know......

I have yet to check mine but I was told by the previous owner it is numbers matching. The guy had the car for 3 years, and only put 2000 miles on it. All he did was maintenance and some upgrades (mostly to the fuel system). Before that it was owned by a lady for 12 years, which could be a good or bad thing, but I would think it was a good thing since the car is in good shape for being 20 years old.

Funny Ihave a GN I bought in 98'.had 2,100 miles on it. Now has 4,583.
Gotta runit sometime.

So I accidently found a Limited, woman owned since new. Bought 4 years,
ago. except for undercarrage and miles.Car was well taken care of.
I going to put a motor in this winter.Will send you some shots.
Left all badges off. Because I bought all new ones.Have to see what I took off.
Almost similar stories. Woman was great....