manual tcc switch

Warped

No helmet required!
I have a bad VSS (long story) and would like to set up a manual switch to get better gas mileage on the trip to BG. What's the best way to do this? Thx.

I lock my TC at the track, so I just made a switch with two leads, each with a male prong to go into the aldl port. Run the two leads to the top left and right, port A & F I believe, then hit the switch to lock the TC. It'll only lock in 2nd and above, but it works well.

My switch is similar to the above but is located in the ash tray. Very simple to run.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Iirc it will lock up in first it you ground the purple wire directly off the pigtail on the side of the transmission.

This generates a lot more heat when you do it manually though.

Iirc it will lock up in first it you ground the purple wire directly off the pigtail on the side of the transmission.

This generates a lot more heat when you do it manually though.

I thought there was a mechanical block in the transmission that prevents it from locking in 1st whenever. Doesn't apply if the solenoid sticks though.

I thought there was a mechanical block in the transmission that prevents it from locking in 1st whenever. Doesn't apply if the solenoid sticks though.

You are correct. If the switch locks it in Forrest then there's an internal failure in the tranny.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2. now Free

You are correct. If the switch locks it in Forrest then there's an internal failure in the tranny.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2. now Free
If a transmission locks in the Forrest....does it make a sound?:cool:

If a transmission locks in the Forrest....does it make a sound?:cool:

Stupid auto spell checker in my phone. :mad:

I typed First, the phone changed it to Forrest