Mal code error 24

What are some areas I need to check?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Strange thing I was at a light just idling alky light came on stumbles clears up code 24. Alky was empty fill up alky tank today ....alky tank empty leaked put in less than 2hrs! Time for a new alky pump dont know if that will clear up my issue.

If u have scan tool see if speed is registering in ECM. Could be connection unplugged in dash, bad sensor or speedo cable issue. If speedo is still working then it’s probably issue with the sensor on the back of the speedometer or it’s connection to the dash harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a little light green box with 3 wires that lead to the Hall effect sensor on the back of the speedo

If u have scan tool see if speed is registering in ECM. Could be connection unplugged in dash, bad sensor or speedo cable issue. If speedo is still working then it’s probably issue with the sensor on the back of the speedometer or it’s connection to the dash harness.

Have a Powerlogger. I will check behind the dash. If Bad sensor where can I purchase one from?

Might just be a connection issue. I would check speed reading on power logger then check wiring. Might have just come unplugged.

Might just be a connection issue. I would check speed reading on power logger then check wiring. Might have just come unplugged.

I will check first thing in the morning. Thanks Scott

5ea845b3423d2c89d7f5beeba3dba229.jpg

This is the sensor. Black part attaches to back of speedo.

Disregard it and reset the code in the computer.

See if it happens again.

Per the manual: Disregard a code 24 that sets when the drive wheels are not turning. Like at a stop light.

It sets under the following conditions, Engine speed between 1500 and 4000 rpm, tps less than 2%, low load condition (low air flow), not in park or neutral, all conditions set for 20 seconds.

If it happens again it's probably an intermittent connection, the ECM gets the signal through C437 in the glovebox area known to have intermittent connections at times.

I'd reset it and not worry if the speedo is working both mechanically and via scanmaster readings on MPH, do you have a digital dash?

Disregard it and reset the code in the computer.

See if it happens again.

Per the manual: Disregard a code 24 that sets when the drive wheels are not turning. Like at a stop light.

It sets under the following conditions, Engine speed between 1500 and 4000 rpm, tps less than 2%, low load condition (low air flow), not in park or neutral, all conditions set for 20 seconds.

If it happens again it's probably an intermittent connection, the ECM gets the signal through C437 in the glovebox area known to have intermittent connections at times.

I'd reset it and not worry if the speedo is working both mechanically and via scanmaster readings on MPH, do you have a digital dash?
No digital dash

Set the scanmaster to MPH and look for dropouts, assuming it's in your line of site on top of the dash, otherwise just reset the code and see if it happens again.

Set the scanmaster to MPH and look for dropouts, assuming it's in your line of site on top of the dash, otherwise just reset the code and see if it happens again.
Reset the code and while sitting in the drive way BOOM mal code 24 again! I dont know where else to look.

I'd make sure the park neutral switch was working properly as well as the speedometer.

I'd make sure the park neutral switch was working properly as well as the speedometer.
speedometer and park neutral switch working properly. Weird thing happens when I give it a lil gas...afr goes in the 8's car stumbles and while idling the afr is high 14 and low 15's