Making a safe purchase of a car out of state

Not the cheapest way, but I would pay for the whole car via PayPal. First, see if the seller will split the fees with you. Second, talk to PayPal, maybe they will cut you a deal on fees as a one time courtesy. Safest for both parties and fastest.

I bought mine after driving 280 miles clear across the state of Ohio to inspect it. I HAD to see it, inspect it,
and drive it. Sometimes pix lack in detail, and spending 45 minutes in the drivers seat "getting to know her" is worth it's weight in gold.

As far as $$ goes, we did a wire transfer and she signed the title over to me at her bank. And I know *all* about trying to get a car home during holidays. Bought it just before Labor Day. Took me almost 3 weeks to get mine home.

I bought mine after driving 280 miles clear across the state of Ohio to inspect it. I HAD to see it, inspect it,
and drive it. Sometimes pix lack in detail, and spending 45 minutes in the drivers seat "getting to know her" is worth it's weight in gold.

As far as $$ goes, we did a wire transfer and she signed the title over to me at her bank. And I know *all* about trying to get a car home during holidays. Bought it just before Labor Day. Took me almost 3 weeks to get mine home.
My travel time FL to Texas would have been a little more but I understand what you are saying.

Was the car inspected by anyone before you bought it?
the car was at a reputable member shop, engine builder and tuner so there was no need for inspection, later on he admitted to me that he knew of the transmission problem and mentioned it to the owner to have him fix it but owner said that he had already received his payment and to let him deal with it dont fix and send the car to him with a bad transmission,, like i said never again, just thinking about it makes me want to punch the wall right now, live and learn..