Main land Buick brother coming to town

watz

I will be traveling to Kaui in October. Do you guys have any good advice, places to hit, things to see, must do's? Things to stay away from? It's our honeymoon so while I would love to check out some GN's I will probably be doing other stuff :D :D :D

So any advice?

-W

Kauai is a great place to see.......much more rural and true to original Hawaii than any other island. If you get time, spend some time on Oahu to see the touristy stuff (Pearl Harbor, Arizona memorial, Bishop museum, Polynesian Cultural Center, etc)- then you'll appreciate Kauai all the more.

I think most of the GNs are on Oahu, but it's been 13 years since I moved back to the mainland......

I just got back from Kaua'i.

Boy do I have a list of stuff for you to do... I've travelled alot in my time. Kaua'i is definitely at the top of my list of places to see IF:

You're an out door kind of guy. Hiking, beaches etc.

or

If you hate touristy crap. The Garden Isle has a little bit of that, but not much.

Rent a 4WD for sure. There is no public transportation that I'm aware of.

Polihale state park (Barking Sands) on the west side by the missle facility is the most incredible beach I've ever been to. You can take your 4wd down and drive on the beach, but be careful. The sand here is ridiculous. Let most of the air out of the tires if you do.

PM me if you want more info.