MAF upgrades?

4inch on the basic translator, also I have my 109 punched to a 4.2L in TSM trim, so it needs a tad more air at a faster idle than a stocker. TT 6.1 chip, stock ECM with powerlogger. More specs and part numbers here. I use a spectre 4 inch alum adapter, caspers wire adapter, all plug n play. Got a 4 inch intake from hartline, 4 inch K&N cone.

http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/4-inch-maf-discovery.378822/

Thanks for info. Anyone try this on a 30 over 109 block?

Did a quick 2nd gear pull tonight. Just a short one to gather some quick data. Boost increased by 3 psi. It pulls unbelievable. I have the timing set to about 19.5 degrees then at 65 mph it pops up to 22 degrees. Injector duty hit 89% at 6000 rpm so I'll have to watch that closely. Time for new injectors soon. Have an oil leak to track down, then after that it's off to the dyno.

Nice! 89% on 80#, I think I went 130 mph in the 1/4 on my 80's at 55-60% duty. Must be moving some air on your new engine!

It's been raining a lot lately (tropical storm approaching!) so I haven't had a chance to do a long blast. But I will say that the driving manners are super. I'm still running the factory ECM and the BLM's are in the mid 120's, so the translator is doing it's job well. Here is a pic of the finished piping and MAF sensor:
TAnewMAF 001.JPG

Nice. How was the 85mm compaired to the LS1? Was there any difference?

You won't really see a difference between those two. They both have modern electronics and sensors unlike the film sensor on the stocker. The main difference is the LS1 doesn't need a wiring adapter to plug into the Translator.

Not trying to jack your thread, but I ended up with a 3.5" pipe that was supposed to be a 4", with the 3 5/8" zo6 maf. The wiring adapter I ordered with it so it all works, along with the hoses. I'm approaching 600 hp on the dyno. I guess my question is should I just call this good, or???

How was the 85mm compaired to the LS1? Was there any difference?
one of the things to consider is the ls1 doesn't need the adapter harness.that means any auto parts store can give you a maf replacement on the spot.i don't like downtime and sourcing special parts is something I try to avoid.