MAF Translator mounting bracket.

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I wanted to make a mounting bracket for the MAF Translator and not put any addition holes in the vehicle. I first needed to come up with a location. I found a good spot in front of the windshield washer bottle. This location also means I do not need to change the wire length on the Translator.
I first made the template. Made the aluminum bracket and added a 5/8 foam spacer to the bottom. The spacer sits on a boss on the inner wheel well. The upstanding flange on the bracket adds support for the bracket and it gives the Translator some protection from the elements.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG

Nice job but that's too much work for me.;) I used the existing hole, made a stand off out of some old brake line for the engine side. I'm not that worried about a small screw hole in the wheel well.
Translator.JPG

Nice fabrication work, since I don't have a welding machine or a mig welder, I would have to bolt the little leg tab

Nice fabrication work, since I don't have a welding machine or a mig welder, I would have to bolt the little leg tab

All,
Thanks for the nice words....actually I was going to bend it instead of tack welding it on but I did not have enough material. The other option you have is rivet it on.
If enough people are interested on making this I will make a print(full size template) and attach it to this post so you can make one.

hello; Looks good. All I did was to bolt it up using an existing mounting hole. No bracket . It kinda hangs there.
If I remember correct there's a way to mount it in the glove box using an after market cable?. I forget what it was called but it might be Samori.
Just like the Japanese fighter.
IBBY

All,
Thanks for the nice words....actually I was going to bend it instead of tack welding it on but I did not have enough material. The other option you have is rivet it on.
If enough people are interested on making this I will make a print(full size template) and attach it to this post so you can make one.
That would be awesome. My dad is going to be teaching me to weld this summer so ill be able to do my first welding project on that small of an item.

If you want to make it see the print provided....I did not give the information for the 5/8 foam pad location...if you can make this you can figure that one out. best regards.

PS Make sure it prints scales at 100 percent. Scale the largest mesurment on each print.

Have Fun... I did ......:)

Attachments

• mafbracketb.jpg
    mafbracketb.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 301
  • mafbracketc.pdf
    27.9 KB · Views: 215
  • mafbracketa.pdf
    24.2 KB · Views: 202
That would be awesome. My dad is going to be teaching me to weld this summer so ill be able to do my first welding project on that small of an item.

Once you know how to weld, you can weld up a piece of dark chocolate that you took off somebody car on Saturday :D

Couple of good ideas for mounting, but..... nobody has cruise control ?????

My T is a low option. Got crank windows even.

I will need to come up with somthing for that.....I have more work to do!!!!!

Heres how I have my bracket and translator mounted and still retain cruise ;)

Attachments

• 084.JPG
    084.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 459
  • 088.JPG
    088.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 483
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 448
  • 085.JPG
    085.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 407
All,