MAF sensors, and oil feed tube, maybe more.....

WildGS

So I tried to search info but get alot for the non-hot air cars. My issue is the car is all stock, I don't want to dump a ton of money in the drivetrain just want it to run and function as stock for now. Reason is I will be doing a drivetrain swap over the winter most likely.

Anyway, bought car, MAF is missing wasn't in the pile of parts I got. Will I be ok buying a stock style reman unit? What is everyones suggestions?

Also oil feed line for the turbo was plugged solid, I do not want to re-use it as it is impossible to clean. If I have to I will make a new one but I am kind of lazy sometimes, LOL.

I may have more to add once I dig more into this thing.

got mine from auto zone my maf. it works just fine. and is a delco one. as far as the oil tube goes. you should look at gbody part . com they have them along with good clean used ones.

To make sure a MAF is working correctly, you will need a scantool, like PL. After 10 tries at the store, you may get a good/decent MAF.
If you decide to go the translator route, it will be about $350 total and you will be done.

If you are serious (And it sounds like you are), you will eventually need the PL, a good chip and clean injectors. For about $350 more, you can purchase PL/Injector/SD Chip from TurboTweak® and will have the correct tools for lthe longer term. You will however need to upgrade the ECM to an 86/87 and add an IAT (About $130). The PL will allow data recording for tuning, and tuning/combo will take you farther than any performance bolt on part on these cars.

For around $2000 you can get an aftermarket fomr Nick M., Jack C, or Cal H.
Good luck with your decision.

I already have tuning and scanning ability for my built 3800 series II motor, GT35R turbo, and 4L60E trans that will go in the car over the winter prolly so don't want to invest in a bunch of other stuff. I don't want to spend alot of money getting the hot air motor running as it won't be in the car too long. I just want to be able to drive it for a bit while I get my swap planned out and do body work. Can you even scan the 84 computers?

To make sure a MAF is working correctly, you will need a scantool, like PL. After 10 tries at the store, you may get a good/decent MAF.
If you decide to go the translator route, it will be about $350 total and you will be done.

If you are serious (And it sounds like you are), you will eventually need the PL, a good chip and clean injectors. For about $350 more, you can purchase PL/Injector/SD Chip from TurboTweak® and will have the correct tools for lthe longer term. You will however need to upgrade the ECM to an 86/87 and add an IAT (About $130). The PL will allow data recording for tuning, and tuning/combo will take you farther than any performance bolt on part on these cars.

For around $2000 you can get an aftermarket fomr Nick M., Jack C, or Cal H.
Good luck with your decision.

I thought caspers intake air temp conversion kit is like $50?

I already have tuning and scanning ability for my built 3800 series II motor, GT35R turbo, and 4L60E trans that will go in the car over the winter prolly so don't want to invest in a bunch of other stuff. I don't want to spend alot of money getting the hot air motor running as it won't be in the car too long. I just want to be able to drive it for a bit while I get my swap planned out and do body work. Can you even scan the 84 computers?

Yeah, prior to my original response, I should have;
1 - Re-read the first post. :confused:
2 - Ask about the goal. :eek:
3 - Stayed true to my sig. :D

Well hopefully my MAF issue is solved the individual I purchased the car from found it in his garage so I just need to go pick it up :), still waiting to hear back from Gbody parts on an oil feed line. Have a feeling I will just have to make one.