machine shop in wisonsin

Two T's

Long Time member
Dose anybody have any sugestions on a machine shop in wisconsin or close that dose good work that is reasonably priced spun a bearing on a standard/standard block was thinking of front 3 steel caps egle rods je pistons and 206 cam would girdile be better witch has more machining involved in it. have talked to a few members and appericiate input speed shop that I go to that did my 468 bbc has never faild me made big hp in the 68ss comaro he sugested girdile outher that I respect say caps just confused and what about clearances I know that is important if anybody knows specks please chime in if I have to go local due to cost want it done right once will probably go with kahi for heads and dls for cam confused and do not know witch way to go:mad::confused::confused:
Thanks guys
Tom

I would highly recommend a shop that knows Buick engines and one that has already done some proven Buick engines. Dropping your block and all the parts off at a good known shop will let you rest at night..I personally just went through the problems of an incompetent machine shop that screwed up a bunch of stuff. I Listened to someone that I shouldn't have, Now "I know better and will Never make that mistake again"! The first question that most will want to know is:

"What are your goals with this engine?"

Mostly street driving?

Mostly for race?

In the end, A strong bottom end is always good to have!!

SW.

thanks scott was hoping a few local guys would chime in that have had sucess for my piece of mind I can think of a few but just wanted other oppinions
Tom

Engine Shops

Your best choice would be Wegner Automotive Research out of Markesan.Carl Wegner actually did work direct with Buick on development of the V6 Race program.Second would probably be Borchard in Milwaukee,I know they have Buick Experience.Thanks.Tim.

Your best choice would be Wegner Automotive Research out of Markesan.Carl Wegner actually did work direct with Buick on development of the V6 Race program.Second would probably be Borchard in Milwaukee,I know they have Buick Experience.Thanks.Tim.

I found Markesan 411 but not Borchard.

are they in wisconsin have not herd of them what city are they in do you have a phone
number sorry for questions as do not have allot of time on my hands have 2 jobs and usually end up working 7 days a week if not working at 1st job usually working at other
also wanted to do it locally to keep shipping cost down and if you have problems you can resolve things alot faster
thanks for input guys
Tom

+ 1 for Borchard
Give them a call 414-282-2390. They do good work and are fair on price. Just ask to speak to Mike. They do build good motor. His son won the the championship in Slinger this weekend with one of there motor and the second place finisher also was useing one of there motors. Give them a call and see what they have to say.

thanks viper appericiate your input they were one of the places I was concidering but wanted to here from board members that have used some of our local shops
thanks again
Tom

Borchardts

I know of 4 people who had Buick 455's built by them with great results.I talked to them and they seem pretty familiar with Buick engines.I will get you Wegeners info.

are they as knolagable with turbo motors as they are diff than carb motors just wondering
Thanks tom

Hi Tom hows it going? see your hard at work try'n to get this mess sorted out. Micks auto in Racine 2323 Eaton Ln · Racine
(262) 637-9359.
That is where I had all my stuff done. They have done several turbo motors and after mine they got to learn a little more. I have that build sheet that you asked about with all the prices! Give me a call and I can bring em by or meet up someplace. Even take the motor down to them and get the block checked and see what you think of them. BTW thanks for the scanmaster I love it!

Glad you like it always like helping me friends now get that thing tuned in and spank thoes mustangs now that i'm down you got to pick up the slack lol. I will try to get ahold of you this week I plan on painting the engine bay this fri if everything works out while the motor is out and thank you for finding the build sheet am interested to see what my costs will be
Thanks Tom

I just had mine done by Butch Patterson in oshkosh wi.I had a girdle and billet mains done on mine when ,repaired the previous dip****s f up's at another shop near by. 1-920-426-8381 is his shop or call him at comp products 1=920-233-1176 ask for butch tell him mike kraus with the Gn sent ya,he will take care of ya.Also whats nice is Comp pruducts where he works is a spped shop so he can get alot of great deals on stuff for the build...

thanks mike i trully appericate the info will give him a call do you have a estimate on the cost of machining as I want to put caps on mine as well did you go .030 or less was that for short or long block as I amprobably going to have kahi do my heads knpreformance in charlotte nc. any extra info would be appericiated or pm me if want to keep it quiet
Thanks Tom