m1 garand experts take a look!!!!!!!!!

ttaowner

the story I was given is this came from the son of the the veteran who had it during ww2 . I was told he seemed to get sick every time his unit got called ot that's why it is in such nice shape. I was told he somehow brought al this stuff back and its all supposedly original. I was told since this is the Winchester version it is worth a little more than some of the others. I looked up the serial # and it looks like it was made in sept of 42 and the bayonette says 43 so they are within a few months. all the clips and ammo came with it too.the cleaning kit was in th stock.

any opinions on its value as a package?

Attachments

• m1garand 001.JPG
    m1garand 001.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 201
  • m1garand 002.JPG
    m1garand 002.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 194
  • m1garand 003.JPG
    m1garand 003.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 200
  • m1garand 004.JPG
    m1garand 004.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 198
  • m1garand 005.JPG
    m1garand 005.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 168
  • m1garand 006.JPG
    m1garand 006.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 189
  • m1garand 007.JPG
    m1garand 007.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 178
  • m1garand 008.JPG
    m1garand 008.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 176
  • m1garand 009.JPG
    m1garand 009.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 166
  • m1garand 010.JPG
    m1garand 010.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 174
Thats a good looking Garand. I owned one for a while. Awesome gun. Check the bore and make sure its not pitted or anything. What is he asking for it?

that's the same info I found out, a m1 grand in good condition like the one my friend has, is worth
about $2k his is a springfield an it's in great shape also, being it a Winchester, and the extra ammo clip, and bayonet

my friend has a Springfield m1 grand, match grade worth about $2k
the Winchester is harder to find, yours is in great shape, they normally run about 1200 to 1500 but with the extras you have
I would say $1800-2000 you have 13 magazine clips the knife and the cleaning kit. again this is just my opinion, I am not a expert.
In reality, its worth what someone is willing to pay. ( as is everything ) but it's a very nice classic.

That’s a nice Garand! As for your friends' story, it's only good if there is some documentation to back it up. $2K is quite high. I would say 16 to 18 hundred would be closer.

How's the condition of this rifle compared to others out there? I'm not to familiar with them and what condition is to be expected.

They way I looked it the rifle is 71 years old and I thought was in nice shape for the age. Then I looked at the fact that it went to war I would expected to gun to be pretty beat up from that. I haven't seen others so I'm just guessing

More typically they would be imported from another country and beat up and arsenal rebuilt.

Are there any marks on the stock? "P" on the bottom of the wrist?

Has it been refinished? Is the sling original?