M/T drag radials

1fast6

I ran a 28/12.5 ET street (bias) tire on my chevy II. Never had the car in the rain but I did hit a patch of condensation in the road one morning and the car got sideways.:eek:

How are the D/R's in the rain? I don't drive the GN much but have been cought in the rain with it.:frown: and one of the main reasons I got the car was to drive long distances for shows etc.

Replace M/T ET street with M/T Drag Radials in your 1st line, and you have the same end result.;)

Disasterous potential - I got caught in a rain storm and learned how to consume 3 hwy lanes at the same time when the converter locked up in OD. Fortunately for me, no one was on either side of me when it happened.

dangerous in damp or wet weather and worst with big rear wheel cylinders in a panic stop and as tires wear they become like sliks ,you are warned

had a light rain driving on mt ET streets car spun around in the road an i went through the grass meadian an into the other side of the road going 30-35 mph ... MT Radilas ive driven across nc an back home in the rain around town an on the interstate no problems. I also like how radials dont sway like the bias ply

I check wunderground for weather. Then I swap rears as needed. Just get an extra pair of rear wheels and run DR's in dry weather only. I've had my DR's hydroplane at 30mph through splinkler water on a highway.

thanks for the replys. Will prolly set up a cheap set of rear wheels w/ m/t d/r's for the drags and bfg's for the street.

Will having a normal sized front tire instead of pizza cutters make a difference i wonder? I have had the pleasure of driving mine in the rain on drag radials yet..

We always had normal size front tires with our drag radials.. My wife, daughter and I have used them since they came out .. Just in case some of you guys don't know..YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR BRAIN WHEN DRIVING WITH THEM !!:p Fl. guys are exempt because when they get there daily monsoon they can be a handfull. I would just stay off of Rt 95 and 75 during a storm. :cool:

I've been in drizzles with the Nittos and no problems, but they don't hook like the MT so it's a trade off.

Just in case some of you guys don't know..YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR BRAIN WHEN DRIVING WITH THEM !!:p

x2

I don't drive my GN in the rain if I don't need to, but been caught in a few rain storms on my daily driver GN with MT drag radials and handled it with no problems....just gotta be more aware of whats going on and know you car's limits. Remember, you're not driving a Vette. :p

thanks for the replys. Will prolly set up a cheap set of rear wheels w/ m/t d/r's for the drags and bfg's for the street.

If your thinking about the BFG DRs for the street, they are FAR worse in the rain than the MTs or Nitos. The Nitos are best in the rain out of the DRs, but hook the worst out of the three.

Happy spooling, and be safe.

Mike Barnard

They can be a handful, I have driven with them in the rain and don't really care to.

Well i see no problem with running mt drag radials in the rain if you have to. Way i look at it the next time you are at a parking lot where a lot of cars are look at how many cars have tires on that are almost bald, or have way less tread than the mt drag radials!:eek: And i'll bet they don't think twice about driving in the rain! You just have to use common sense!!! just my 2cents.