M&A ARP bolts pics and questions

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
I just received my ARP M&A head bolts . I will be using these heads on the my 109 block then will transfer them over to my 14 bolt stage block ASAP . I have ARP studs on my 109 and they all would be useable except for the upper middle 2 . I'm thinking of replacing these 2 studs with bolts . Im worried about the 2 different clamping forces and compromising the gasket seal . So should I just use all new bolts or replace the center 2 ?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

ARP sells individual studs. If your current studs are too long, use 2 washers. If they are too short, buy the correct length. I got the part number from the ARP catalogue and found individual studs on E-Bay.

Racers Speed Shop was where I got my individual studs on E-Bay.

Cool thanks it appears to be a 1/4" short . All the other ones will work

Chris,

A little off topic but when you go to bolt those heads on your Stage II block it looks like the 3 inner bolts are too long.

Neal

Be sure the shoulder or end of threads on the stud is below the deck far enough that during fastener stretch you want be tightening on the shoulder.

I'm going to use my studs and buy 4 5" arp studs . Then I should be good to go .

So what is the proper 12 point nut
28 count stud kit with correct length for the stage 111 m&a heads ?

Trial and error with different lengths?
There is no stud kit
Only the dutweiiller bolt kit ?

So what is the proper 12 point nut
28 count stud kit with correct length for the stage 111 m&a heads ?

Trial and error with different lengths?
There is no stud kit
Only the dutweiiller bolt kit ?

For the 14 bolt block

I bought the 14 bolt ARP stud kit for my GN1s & tried my M&As with these studs & they seemed to be the same length as needed for the M&As.