LSx in my 86 T-type

Kevin87TurboT

How many can I own??
Here's my long term project car. My goal is to drive to the strip. Collect an 8.99 @ 150+ slip and drive home. It's going to take a while, but I'm in no hurry.
Details:
408 LSx stroker motor 9:1 compression
Texas Speed and Perf PRC ported 317 heads
88mm turbo
air to air IC
XFI system
Alcohol Injection
TCI Glide
3.42 rear gear
As you can see from the pics, I'm not quite finished ;)
The first two pics are when I first got the car. The second two pics were taken in the past couple days.
I welcome any input or questions.

Kevin

Attachments

• graybuick1.JPG
    graybuick1.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 579
  • graybuick.JPG
    graybuick.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 555
  • graybuick7.JPG
    graybuick7.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 565
  • graybuick9.JPG
    graybuick9.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 566
That looks and sounds amazing, thanks for sharing.
What are your plans for the headers / exhaust?

Hi John,
I'm going to do just as Dusty suggested. I'll flip the truck exhaust manifolds and try that. It should be enough to get me where I need to be.
Kevin

You should do just fine, I have seen that set up make 1500HP.
Which 88MM turbo are you thinking about?
I would set it up for a T6 framed unit like a GT47, but leave room for a TV style thumper when you upgrade. Remember I said when not if....:eek: :wink:

Awesome! Is that the truck block you are using for mock up ?

John,
I suspect that I'll end up with a Thumper style 88mm, because like you said, I'd end up going there anyway.

Louie,
That's the 6.0L truck block that I plan on using. I've go some Mahle turbo pistons and some Lunati Billet rods for it already. It'll be a fun project car.

As far as the 6.0l truck block, is there a specific year or engine code that should be used or is a better set up than previous years?? There is a local junkyard here that has a 6.0l complete for a cheap price. I also am thinking of such a project and am trying to figure out the actual cost before I get too deep in and cannot finish it. Thanks..Mike

if you want one that easily runnable with a turbo, you want a LQ4 engine, in most any pickup or van. as its 9.4:1 versus 10:1. also some of the earlier motors came with iron heads. you definately want the later alum headed motors, they use a #317 casting head, big chambers and flow as well as an ls6 head. This combo is good to about 12psi on pump gas, but dont go over 10 without rod bolts. The one to stay away from is the LQ9, this came in escalades and denalis and upscale sttuff. this is the same except uses flat top pistons for about 10.2:1 compression. you can only push about 5-6 psi with this combo.
Gary