LS1 Front Adapter Brackets, Who Makes 'Em?

snodgrass

I rounded up all the parts to convert my front brakes with the LS1 stuff except for the adapter brackets. Can anyone tell me where to get the brackets? Thanks, Jeff

The guy who used to make them for G-body conversions isn't doing them anymore. Looks like you might have to make your own.

I rounded up all the parts to convert my front brakes with the LS1 stuff except for the adapter brackets. Can anyone tell me where to get the brackets? Thanks, Jeff

If you have any local shops that have a CNC machine take this to them and have them make you a pair.

Attachments

• LS1%20caliper%20bracket (Large).jpg
    LS1%20caliper%20bracket (Large).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 291
That is excellent! That blueprint will save me a lot of time. Can you tell me what thickness material should be used? Thanks again, Jeff

I have a local shop doing CNC Waterjet work for me.

If there was enough interest to justify making a batch of them, I could see about having them done.

I didn't see the part thickness on the drawing above. Any Idea ? or did I overlook it ?

Damn I forget.?? I want to say 3/8 but I'm not sure. Might want to search around on the exact thickness. Maybe some one will post it in this thread. I'll try to dig it up.

Hey Yullose, if you decide to make them, I would be interested in two sets. My brother has a milling machine that I could make them on, but it would probably take me all day. I wouldn't be looking forward to it. Please post back in this thread or email me at woodrowbuck@optonline.net if you decide to do it. Thanks, Jeff

I might be interested in a set of brackets too. I'm currently awaiting a price quote from a local machine shop to do a set for me. I have a feeling it's going to be expensive though and I might look elsewhere for another quote.

Jeff

If you don't mind me asking, who cut your rotors down to make hubs and how much did it cost you? I'm currently doing this project as well. I have most of the parts, I'm just awaiting the machine shop's quote to cut the rotors down to hubs and make the brackets.

Mike

My father and I have been getting conversion kits together and have some on order at a machine shop. I can get them to you for $45 per set including shipping in the continental US.

We have them on both of our cars and they work great. It is very worth while mod.

My father and I have been getting conversion kits together and have some on order at a machine shop. I can get them to you for $45 per set including shipping in the continental US.

We have them on both of our cars and they work great. It is very worth while mod.

Hey there 84TXGN. How do I go about getting a set of these brackets from you?

-Jeff

I might be interested in a set of brackets too. I'm currently awaiting a price quote from a local machine shop to do a set for me. I have a feeling it's going to be expensive though and I might look elsewhere for another quote.

Jeff

If you don't mind me asking, who cut your rotors down to make hubs and how much did it cost you? I'm currently doing this project as well. I have most of the parts, I'm just awaiting the machine shop's quote to cut the rotors down to hubs and make the brackets.

Mike

I'm going to cut the rotors myself. I have a brake lathe over at my neighbors garage. I want to get the brackets first though. I can let you know when(probably within 3 weeks). It will be cheap $ if you want me to do it, but I can't promise exactly when.

-Jeff

Hey there 84TXGN. How do I go about getting a set of these brackets from you?

-Jeff

I'll send you a PM when the brackets are ready.

If anyone else in this thread would like a set post up and I'll make sure and PM you too. :)

If you can make them, can you put a round on the "corners"? It's not on the drawing above. Take a look at how I marked it up. I'd be interested too.

Mike

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 237
I'm going to cut the rotors myself. I have a brake lathe over at my neighbors garage. I want to get the brackets first though. I can let you know when(probably within 3 weeks). It will be cheap $ if you want me to do it, but I can't promise exactly when.

-Jeff

Jeff

Let me know as I'm planning this all out myself now too.

Thanks
Mike

If you can make them, can you put a round on the "corners"? It's not on the drawing above. Take a look at how I marked it up. I'd be interested too.

Mike

All of the brackets from my machinist come back the same. You could just take a bench grinder and make them rounded.

The hole locations are the only "important" part of the bracket. That drawing was just a simple cad drawing to get others pointed in the right direction for a DIY job. The rest of the bracket can be massaged to fit when assembled.
The thickness for the bracket works best at 5/16" (.312) thick, 3/8" (.375) will work but it offsets the caliper over the rotor a little.
Also, all four holes can de drilled 1/2" (.500), this will give a little room for error if locations are not excact.

I should have pricing in the morning on something 5/16" in aluminum from my machinist.

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes.

I know this is my first post, but I've been browsing for a Turbo Buick and I'm an admin over on Maliburacing.

i am interested in a set as well

what brake setup do you use along with the bracket?

thanks

I should have pricing in the morning on something 5/16" in aluminum from my machinist.

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes.

I know this is my first post, but I've been browsing for a Turbo Buick and I'm an admin over on Maliburacing.

You DO NOT want aluminum. Have your machinist make them out of steel.