ls turbo headers?

robbyredneck

when are one of you vendors gonna make a passenger side header crossover and downpipe for ls engines in g bodys. use the truck on the driver side. keep your ehaust. seems like mac can pound out a billion cheap mustang headers of all sizes a year. why cant the chinese aftermarket build this? when it happens for under 500 bucks count me in first. any body in process allready?

I was told that mustang shorties flipped forward and reflanged for the LS1 work in a G-body. If it does it cant be that hard to have done locally.

who needs a vendor super easy . slp or edel's shortys cut off pass side flip tack, flange, holesaw, bandsaw, 2 v band sets weld viola ! we did this in a 78 malibu in 1 day. and never bent 1 pipe just some cutting / welding

Dennis,
They are the same, c/l to c/l, just need to be re flanged. Which is great as there are a slew of Mustang shorties out there. The FMS headers are stainless and cheap in the grand scheme of things. V Band them and a cross over and its done , turbo kit for less than 600.00:smile:

gn4u2c how did you do your crossover? and down pipe ?, thanks for all response. never thought of ford headers.

Could this be done while keeping A/C? Im doing twins as well, but I was just going to build a set of stainless log style manifolds. I refuse to give up A/C... and thats been a real pain so far.

downpipe is a 3 inch gn unit with a 6.5 inch extension welded in just above the frame rail. crossover is 2 1/2(driver side) factory GM truck pipes welded together and then trimmed and welded flanges on for v band you can get them right in the summit racing book (exhaust section) :wink: