LQ4/4L80E swap

fgollatz

Here are a few pics to get thread started. Project has been going a few months so far. Lots of part accumulation mainly but I'm finally making some progress now. Headers are interfering with the shifter linkage but this is how it goes.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0102.JPG

This looks to be a good start, im installing a LQ4 in my 81TTA, but lack of funds have slowed the progress. Looks nice, are you installing a turbo?

I think I'm going to stay N/A for now just for $$$ reasons but may boost it in the near future.

Im running the Hedman Muscle Rod line of LS SWAP headers. Theyre 1 7/8 long tubes with 3" slip collectors. The drivers side needs modification by the collector for use with a 4L80E trans(shifter linkage clearance) but the rest of them fit nicely. I'm told they're made for use with a 4L60E.

You can check out my web album which will have updated pics as I progress.

Picasa Web Albums - Fred - REGAL PICS

why such a sturdy rear end if your not gonna turbo that beast...it no fun that way....great pics..:smile::smile:

Did you build your own motor mounts? If not where did you get them? Think the exhaust will burn the controls on the tranny?

Motor mounts are from brphotrods.

Heater box is third party. Cant remember the name of the company but it was a pain in the ass. If I had to do it again I'd just do a delete panel.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Car is for sale for $10,000. Over $9,500 wrapped up in conversion alone.

PM if interested. I'll post full build sheet and some new pics in the for sale section shortly.

Sorry guys but due to the overwhelming interest in the car and the huge list of parts that is beyond the 2000 character PM limit here's what's in the car:

-2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Complete Engine/Trans/ECU/TAC Module/Pedal/Harness --LQ4/4L80E. 36,500 miles
-4L80E freshly rebuilt with new 'red' clutch pack, vette solenoids and transgo shiftkit.
-new B&M Quicksilver shifter
-ECU recalibration & tune
-rewired factory harness
-new H3 Alpha oil pan
-new 1 7/8 Hedman Coated Headers w 3" collectors
-new Coated trans and motor mounts (BRP Hotrods)
-new Bosch O2 sensors (fronts only, rears eliminated)
-new YANK converter - PY3600 EXTREME 4L80E LS1
-new flex plate w ARP bolts
-new CTS-V front accessory group (ps,wp,alt).
-new COMP custom grind and "918" beehives
-new Edelbrock Pro-Flow XT Intake/Injector rails
-used 90MM LS2 throttle DBW ported throttle body
-new Torque Rush X-Link TB Module
-new LS7 Injectors (39lb)
-new Walbro 255 intank pump
-new NOS GM original stainless pickup and sender
-new braided -8 fuel line
-new vette fuel filter w bypass return
-new EFI gas tank
-new steel 4" driveshaft, yolk and HD U-joints
-new H&R Parts-N-Stuff Rear Sway Bar
-new Upper and Lower Rear UMI Control Arms
-used 8.5" GN rear with 410 gear set, Eaton LSD and T/A Aluminum girdle
-new rear brakes (ALL hardware replaced)
-used S-10 Blazer front dual piston brake upgrade
-new front steering links (ALL of them)
-new inner & outer tie rods
-new upper and lower front ball joints (moog)
-new upper and lower front control arm bushings included but not installed (moog)
-new 15x8 ULTRA drag light wheels
-new front Falken tires
-new MT ET street drag radials 275/50-15 (no passes or burn outs)(really)
-new GN replacement radiator
-new factory GM coolant overflow bottle
-new dual electric fans w shroud
-new AC delete heater box
-new TCI trans cooler and -6 lines
-new Bosch battery
-new PS lines
-new windshield
-new Glowshift Elite speedo/tach/fuel lvl/fuel pres/oil pres/temp/WB O2 gauges
-new custom gauge cluster plate
-new carpet kit (oem quality)
-new custom 3” full mandrel exhaust with x-pipe and thrush chambered mufflers (sounds big block nasty)
-new 2.25" fiberglass cowl hood painted to match

WOW that’s a lot of parts! Don’t realize what you have into a project until you put it all on paper. I’m sure I’m missing some things too. I didn’t bother to list all the little miscellaneous parts and pieces.

I'll try to get some new pics uploaded this weekend.

Took it to Atco Raceway NJ last night and ran a 11.08 @ 125.65 backed up by a 10.92 @ 128.43. That was it for the track officials... no cage so they kicked me out. Not bad for the first trip to the track! Some minor adjustments and it should go 10.5-6.

Very nice!
If you ever did a turbo on it,
I am guessing at high 8s on a budget.
Please post video when you can.

Motor mounts are from brphotrods.

Heater box is third party. Cant remember the name of the company but it was a pain in the ass. If I had to do it again I'd just do a delete panel.

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Car is for sale for $10,000. Over $9,500 wrapped up in conversion alone.

PM if interested. I'll post full build sheet and some new pics in the for sale section shortly.

I've got an email distribution list of car fanatics all over the country, I just sent them some pics about the car. I'll let you know if we get any bites. I'd love to have it if I didn't already have my GN.

-new CTS-V front accessory group (ps,wp,alt).
-new COMP custom grind and "918" beehives

more info on this please

part numbers :biggrin::biggrin: