Lower intake rubber seals: front and rear rubbers not the valley pan

turbo96max

Looking for the front and rear seals , i am hesitant about using silicon only and then see leaks. But i use the other bigger gasket and dont want to buy the whole intake set just to use the rubber seals.

Lmk if you have any of these laying around

Looking for the front and rear seals , i am hesitant about using silicon only and then see leaks. But i use the other bigger gasket and dont want to buy the whole intake set just to use the rubber seals.

Lmk if you have any of these laying around

Grey RTV.. never seen leaks

I have some but I have never had a issue with black rtv . It has to be the right stuff though . I can tell you I have seen the top engine builders like Kenny D do the same as I just said . Let me see if I can find tthose and I'll shoot u a picture

Here you go 15$
IMG_6729.JPG
IMG_6730.JPG

Set your intake in place and measure the gap front and rear. There's a chance you don't have room for rubbers and have to use only sealant.

It'd be a shame to wait for the mail just to learn you didn't need them in the first place.

Set your intake in place and measure the gap front and rear. There's a chance you don't have room for rubbers and have to use only sealant.

It'd be a shame to wait for the mail just to learn you didn't need them in the first place.

I just tried this, and the seal is too thick and doesnt allow for proper alignment of the intake bolts on the head . im gonna have to do my best w the sealant alone. I just didnt have luck the one time i tried years ago. the right stuff it will be.

If you clean off any oils from the gasket surface and use the right stuff, it will be leak free.

That stuff is badass. Don't forget to put a smear of thinner sealant around the water ports too.

Run a bead of the right stuff,and beads of different kinds of silicone on a clean piece of metal. try to peel them off 2 days later. You'll be amazed at how easy the others pull off and you'll be shocked at how difficult it is to remove the right stuff.

Last edited:
thanks gents, i went w the right stuff a smeared a thin coat of rtv on the water ports, even used a sharp blade to cut out the gasket to be the exact size of the head ports since they moved a little bit .