Low boost on large turbos

Craig,

I know you like your ESP FM but I had a bone stock motor with a 210/205 cam and ESP FM and got surge out the whazooo. With no other change but going to a 3" CAS V2 it was totally gone. I know some have reported getting rid of the surge when going to the big neck on stock locations. If you ever get a chance to swap with a buddy try another IC and see what it feels like then.

Originally posted by oldtimer
Hey guys,

this might sound stupid on my part, but what is turbo surge. I'm not sure I've ever experienced surge.

What are the symptoms ?

How does it feel ?

How could I determine if surge was a problem ?

What causes surge ?

Lots on SURGE in SEARCH :)

Hey Banning do you have any false knock due to cam noise? I have considered gettimg it but a couple of people say that it caused a lot false knockin their engines.

Originally posted by Intercooler
Craig,

I know you like your ESP FM but I had a bone stock motor with a 210/205 cam and ESP FM and got surge out the whazooo. With no other change but going to a 3" CAS V2 it was totally gone. I know some have reported getting rid of the surge when going to the big neck on stock locations. If you ever get a chance to swap with a buddy try another IC and see what it feels like then.

It is really a non-issue with me. I went part throttle one time for some reason and it happened, went WOT and it went away. As far as swapping out for fun, I am too lazy to do that! :D

Originally posted by gndriver
Hey Banning do you have any false knock due to cam noise? I have considered gettimg it but a couple of people say that it caused a lot false knockin their engines.

Flase knock with the cam (PTE 218)? No.