Love to see some GN's with custom rims!

its too bad RCspoolers is gone...they had a nice big page dedicated to this...and since my reformat, I dont have the 100 TB pictures I used to have

Turbodan said:
How does your brothers car drive? Is the ride rough from the big rims?

Well, I have the car for the weekend and all I can is WOWWWW! I had my doubts as well because all I ever hear is that anything bigger that 17's will ride horrible. My job requires that I drive a lot and I was dreading this with this car. Well, the thing rides better than our parents Cadi. The wheels are perfectly balance with no shake at all. Also, these wheels were specially made by American Racing which took about 3 months or so to do. They cost a nice price as well. I am a firm believer in that you pay for what you get. And in this case, that statement is proven to be true.

I got up some pretty good speed on the interstate and I was really surprised of how it handled. This is a big car and that may have something to do with it. There are a lot of people with negative opinions of bigger wheels, but all I have gotten was compliments from the older crowd. People were pulling beside me on the interstate giving the big thumbs up. These wheels are only 20's and the wheel and tire package the the exact same diameter as the 15's that was previously on the car. Therefore, the ride height is the same. They also tuck under the car very nicely.

The larger wheel package is the going thing for today's time. It is very cool looking to see an older car with the bigger wheels. But, when you have the lift the car to fit the wheels, you have gone tooo far. I see guys with 22 and 24 inch wheel and the car is all jacked up in the air. That looks rediculous. Spend the money and do it right...

Wait until you hit your first pothole that ruins the expensive rim and lets us know how great the ride is-thanks but no thanks. If you lived in NYC you d be fixing your bent rims every week.

49-blues said:
Wait until you hit your first pothole that ruins the expensive rim and lets us know how great the ride is-thanks but no thanks. If you lived in NYC you d be fixing your bent rims every week.

Well, that is why I love it here in the south. I have a lot of relatives that live in NY and they all wish that the Great State of NY had the roads of the sourthern states. That is not my fault. Seems as though you are up set with me for my brother modding his car the way that he wants. He has worked really hard to get what he has and me myself don't know of any 21 year olds with such a nice car as my brothers. The tires are thick enough so the rim wouldn't be ruined if a hole was to be hit. You really can't tell it from the picks though.

BTW, this is a custom wheel thread and not a "How big is your tire" thread.

Simple 80's ARE's.

Attachments

• UR3.JPG
    UR3.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 957
Nice rides

Yes to each there own. I like the look of big rims. But nothing over 18s. I think when you start going up to 20s and higher your car looks funny, Kinda like an suv. what performance do you get out of them wheels. I know its more for the look but come on. It takes away from the car. That GN thats all done up, Killed a good car. I hope that cars not a gn. Or even a turbo car. But Its not my car....... :rolleyes: Why dont people stretch the factory rims. Now that looks hot..

Levorn they are a little big for me but i think it looks really good. It has a good stance and it was a tasteful 20" wheel (you can't go wrong with TT2s) don't listen to the haters, i love seeing a GN done right on something other than drag rims.

custom rims

I think I like the 18" on the gray t the best,the 20" torq thrust IIs are cool.I have an 87 limited with a few bolt-ons and I'm running 17 x8 torq-thrusr II with 245/45 s all around.NO clearance issues.Dropped car 1 inch and it sits about right now.Real sleeper with Limited trim package.Anyone got a recommendation on front disc brake upgrade?? thanks

17x8s backspace question

hello,can't find anything in my paperwork on backspace specs. I know they were 5-4.75 bolt pattern off the shelf at Les schwab and no special spacers or anything ,just a mount and drive away.Also lowered 1 inch with HR parts nstuff antiroll kit and lower arms.Tight turns parking at angle just a little rub at full lock.Try to post some pics soon.

im planing on going with 18's front,20's rear,this should be a good look,not worried that im going to lose the ability to rotate...i like the new deep lip, now all i have to figure out is the sizes (rims & tires)that fill fender and not scrub...

17x8 front 17x9.5 rear w/315 35 tires. Backspacing is 4" front and 4.75 in the rear. No Frame Notch needed...

Rims are about 390 each.

Wheres the Pics Smokin GN, Love thos IROCs

Smokin_GN said:
My GN has 18" chrome irocs....sits and looks nice! My car is stock ride height (new MOOG springs up front and Kirban variable springs in rear. New KYB's all the way around). I have 245/40's up front and 275/40's in the rear.

Los
Just wondering what size to put on mine. I have 20's on the EL Camino and 16's sometimes, but wondering what to put on the GN. Not Hijacking the thread but you did ask for pics.