Lou Czarnota Has Been Busy!

Looks really great! I have to admit that it's probably the first turbo race car that I have seen with air filters. :D

Looks really great! I have to admit that it's probably the first turbo race car that I have seen with air filters. :D
One speck of anything hitting the compressor blades & there goes a $1,600 turbo. Gets expensive in a hurry. I tried that years a go with my TT V6 SS/DX car & went through turbos like crazy.

John! the motor has been rebuilt with new J&E pistons ,alumniumn rods, Crower crank,steel center main caps & should be a kick ass engine for a turbo application. If interested I will put you in touch with the owner & can send you some pictures. Lou

Lou I have 15K of stage II sitting in the garage.
Unless someone buys that I am done.
Thanks for thinking of me though!

Update on progress!

Finally ran the car on dyno today, 900 rwhp @ 13# boost & @ 27# 1200 & maxed out the dyno in the middle of the pull it is an older machine & only good up to 1200 so I can only guess that about 16-1800 is possible.I'm very pleased with the results so far but not unexpected. After all its a V/8

Finally ran the car on dyno today, 900 rwhp @ 13# boost & @ 27# 1200 & maxed out the dyno in the middle of the pull it is an older machine & only good up to 1200 so I can only guess that about 16-1800 is possible.I'm very pleased with the results so far but not unexpected. After all its a V/8

Lou,

That thing is a beast, videos and pictures please!!!

The inter cooler & hardware was originally set up that way so I just stayed with that to try & avoid more work. Plus the on center housings are suppose to be more efficient.Plans are to go as fast as possible while still remaining above ground.
I stand corrected on that housing statement.Those indeed are the wrong ones & fine for street use as was originally intended & the proper ones are on order.

I stand corrected on that housing statement.Those indeed are the wrong ones & fine for street use as was originally intended & the proper ones are on order.

Lou,

The new ones should help with back pressure, allowing you
to maximize the airflow potential.

Video???

Lou,

The new ones should help with back pressure, allowing you
to maximize the airflow potential.

Video???
Yes John, you are right & that was evident when we had it on the dyno,The engine performed better at lower boost levels indicating excessive back pressure. The headers & exhaust were originally designed as a street & strip package & compromise wasn't a problem,Orginally the customer wanted a fast street car.The next thing I know he's having it back halved & changing his mind.Now that the course has changed for me to convert to the right housings I'm faced with a logistical problem of having to redo everything to accommodate the new combination. On center housings were easier to work initially & everything seem to fall in place & served its purpose at the time. So now the fun starts once more to solve this problem.

Lou,

Thanks for the update, I am excited to see the additional modifications you
make to this beast. What was the exact specification on these turbos?
You can PM me if it is proprietary.