Lost power after my intercooler hose blew off

mytta49

I am new to the TTA world. I changed the three hoses that connect the intercooler with the up pipe, etc and used the 3 piece heavy duty set that Johns Performance sells.
Last night I accelerated on the highway and heard a loud Pop and then what looked like a quick puff of smoke under the hood. I was about 10 miles from home and limped home at around 35 mph and had no power when I tried to go faster. Got home and found that the hose from the intercooler to the up pipe blew off on one end.
I reinstalled, started it up and it idled fine, had more power but was still not right when I accelerated.
I disconnected the ECM plug and replugged it in and took it out. Seems to be ok, power is back, turbo kicks in.
Any ideas if I could have damaged anything ? Sorry for the long story.

Possible dirt?

Did you drive down a dirt road, or dirty? If you blew a hose off, the air your sucking in is unfiltered, might of got some dirt in your intake... Just a thought.

That happened to me alot earlier. Why it runs bad is that it gets a completely different amount of air than the computer reads through the MAF etc, so the mixture is WAY off.

If You keep popping it with new hoses and clamps, I´d say it´s time to get a BOV.

/Andreas, keeping my head down for the BOV statement ;)