Lost lights to heater and shifter

Timbuick

My car has lost the lights to the heater unit and also the shifter. Is there a fuse that serves these functions? Can't seem to find any reference to these items.
I hadn't used the car for a month and needed to exit the car from the passenger side (tight garage space)and my foot caught the heater controls. Then noticed the lighting faults.

Thanks for posting that pic, much clearer than going in under the dash! The incident happened very late last night (UK time) so I havent had time/daylight to check. I had the impression that the digital dash lighting seemed duller than normal, but was working as were the interior lights. Ill do some proper checks over the weekend and see what I find. Thanks again.

Just looked at the fusebox pic again. There are two fuses; one for Guages (20a) and they all work and the 5amp for Dash light that you refer to. Hopefully its just that fuse.
I don't normally post about such small matters, but every one of my five cars broke down in the past seven days, three of them with quite freakish occurences! Ever seen that film 'Falling Down'? Starting to feel like Michael Douglas!

Im not sure how the 86 wiring differs from tge 87 wiring but on the 87's the 20 A tailamps fuse feeds the 5 A lps fuse si sometimes that one blows first. Check both or try the tail lamps via the headlight. switch