Looking to purchase a Handgun....what is recommended

THE BLACK MAMBA

Over the weekend someone got in my truck and took my Taurus 9mm...now i`m trying to find a good replacement handgun...what do you consider a good replacement......

Do a search, keyword being (Handgun)!Plenty threads already. Hopes this helps, hows the paint job coming?

Do a search, keyword being (Handgun)!Plenty threads already. Hopes this helps, hows the paint job coming?

Thanks i will do a search, as far as the paint my transmission went out...got a new one ordered but have not received it yet going on 4 weeks...that put me behind cause i wanted it in the shop last month....just having bad luck all the way round....

Some of my favorites~ Glock19, S&W M&P9, Sig 226/229, Zastava EZ9 (Sig 226 clone)

Its definetly a good recommendation to not point it at ones self and pull the trigger, other than that, i have not further recommendation.

Over the weekend someone got in my truck and took my Taurus 9mm...now i`m trying to find a good replacement handgun...what do you consider a good replacement......

Get a hold of SGRIM Carolina Arms.com he just posted the other day with his shooting range

Man, I thought I had bad luck...that really sucks, guy. Really sorry to hear this.

My recommendation (which is, of course, radical:eek: as usual) is what I've got: a big, bad Smith & Wesson .44 magnum, 629 Classic, stainless steel, 6 1/2" barrel with the Crimson Trace Laser Sight grips. His name is "Big Barkey", as he barks in my hand, and bites across the room at the bad guy.:tongue:

Sure, it's heavy, it's hard to conceal, and you'll NEVER, EVER leave it anywhere to be stolen because it's so noticable! It's a very, very intimidating weapon, just ask Dirty Harry:D

I have no trouble concealing it at all, though, but because of it's weight, I ALWAYS remember I have it with me, never leaving it anywhere.

Like I said, it's very intimidating, especially with that red laser dot showing up on your chest and seeing where it originates.

I do respect the other guys here on their choice of lighter, better carrying weapons, as they have more sense than I do:rolleyes:.

It's just with this big, bad .44, I want to make a blatant statement to the bad guy who ever breaks into this house or trys to hurt my wife....it's a sight that will make him crap his pants.

Each to his own, though. I've used a Glock 17 and 40...both real nice concealable weapons, never jams, and also some HK pistols...they, in my opinion, are really nice. Also consider the Smith & Wesson 686P, the .357 magnum 7 shot revolver.

I've always felt that if I can't hit something with a revolver on the first shot, I have no business owning it in the first place. So, decades of practice paid off...I don't need a 15 shot wild spraying ammo clip. 6 loads is just fine with me, as anyone shouldn't need any more than two shots to stop a criminal. Well, with the police attitude, two shots to the chest, one to the head, that will work also. It works for me.

Try this gun shop: Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop That's where I get my gun stuff from, they are just teriffic people, very honest and very helpful. The stuff they have there for sale on their website is just incredible. Their prices beat all the other places I checked. They have been very good to me, and highly rated. They're located in Kentucky. All guns are shipped free to your FFL Dealer in your area. Great company.

Again, real sorry about that coward stealing your gun. What a drag.

Bruce '87 Grand National

My number 1 recommendation...

Would be to keep it on your person, and in a bolted down lock box under you seat when that's not possible! I'd consider it a matter of utmost responsibility and public safety that any firearm is secure at all times from theft or misuse.

Aside from that it's all about fit. I find that most Smith's only fit right in my right hand, and little guns irritate me, maybe you too?

Probably nothing wrong with the Taurus you had. I still have my first pistol I bought when I was 18, a Taurus PT-92 9mm, looks as good as the day I bought it:D

Price and size would be my first question. So many options out right now, which is a good thing:biggrin:

You can never go wrong with the tried and true Beretta 92F. Affordable, reliable and accurate.

.380 Lamma fit's perfectly in a GN/T-type center glove box between the seats....;^)...even in a holster...wink wink,Bang!Bang!

Enjoy!

I've carried about every caliber from a 9mm all the way to a ruger redhawk 44mag but like everyone's saying the glock is very good for the price but for me personally i carry a H&K p7 and also a custom Kimber Pro CDP 2. I always change what i carry around depending on my mood and clothes i'll be wearing. :biggrin:

Probably nothing wrong with the Taurus you had. I still have my first pistol I bought when I was 18, a Taurus PT-92 9mm, looks as good as the day I bought it:D

Price and size would be my first question. So many options out right now, which is a good thing:biggrin:

That was the one stolen PT-92, still looked brand new also....i took off work for next monday to go buy another one until then i will do some searching on the internet on some of the guns you guys mention...

That was the one stolen PT-92, still looked brand new also....i took off work for next monday to go buy another one until then i will do some searching on the internet on some of the guns you guys mention...

Cool... Like I say nothing wrong with that gun, mine is accurate as I am ;) Don't know if your old one did but they even come with the tactical rail too!

Let me know if you need a price on anything!

I've carried about every caliber from a 9mm all the way to a ruger redhawk 44mag but like everyone's saying the glock is very good for the price but for me personally i carry a H&K p7 and also a custom Kimber Pro CDP 2. I always change what i carry around depending on my mood and clothes i'll be wearing. :biggrin:

Wow! I thought I was the last guy on earth carrying an H&K P7..I LOVE mine. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Seems like everyone else has gone Glock. A Firestar .40 makes a nice compact carry gun also... -Steve