Looking to get a balancer puller tool, need help please.

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
I’m looking to get a balancer puller for my 87 GN. Does any one have a GM part number? Or one to recommend?

Thanks,
Jason

A stock balancer should not need a puller?

If there is a problem with the hub or crank being damaged and will not just slide off, a SBC-type or similar will work.

Or a tip a friend shared with me is, to heat it every so slightly w/ a torch and it will slide right up in your hand.;)

The universal sets that youfind in the parts stores will do the job, but Nick is exactly right: the balancer should slide right off.

Under no circumstance would I ever use a torch....

.....unless the balancer was definitely junk. :confused:

Re: Under no circumstance would I ever use a torch....

Originally posted by Rickracer
.....unless the balancer was definitely junk. :confused:

Well how about a heat gun then. It wouldn't take much heat to expand the metal every so SLIGHTLY. I didn’t say turn it cherry red and melt the front cover. The statement about being junk, might as well said, if it needs assistance during removal it’s junk.:rolleyes:

I have half a dozen torches ....

.... a plasma cutter, and a heat gun. If it won't come off with a balancer puller you've got bigger problems than a junk balancer. :cool:

That's just it, the original thread started didn't have a puller and the tip I shared with him works. I'm sure with your experience, you seen rods heated prior to the pins being slid in?

Btw.....some nice outboards on that web site. That was my passion a few years back. Had a little 700lb, V-bottom, that would spin 9600 rpms, before the 100 shot of gas.
All is well:cool: