Looking for some suggestions

BuickTom

I'm looking for suggestions and opinions on a couple amps and speakers i'm considering upgrading to. I've currently got diamond m6's (i think) and an mtx sub running off an alpine amp.
My main focus of the upgrade is the sub. I'm pretty much considering a jl 10" w6v2, and running it off a jl 500/1 or zapco and then getting another smaller amp for the fronts.

Just wondering if anyone has any expeirience with either jl or zapco amps, or similar products in that price range. Both seemed to be fairly highly recommended, and I like the fact that both can take balanced audio.

I'm pretty happy with the diamond m6's, but i find them a little harsh. Does anyone know how they compare to the diamond hex's?

Thanks in advance for any input,
Tom

amps

I have been a car stereo installer for over 15 years.I have hooked up and pretty much heard it all.When wanting more bass in a car,the first thing people think is get better subs.Better subs are nice but you need an amp first priority.Think of your fuel injectors as the sub and your pump as the amp.You need POWER.I will be willing to bet with a nice Precision Power or Soundstream amp about 200x2 would give you more bass with your existing subs.Dont get me wrong,MTX are sub-par speakers.But power is where it is at.Ask anybody that knows.I am open for questions and can probably answer about anything you need to really hook up your car with sound you need.Sales people want to sell you what they want to.Not what sounds good;most of the time anyway.