Looking for some GN parts, anybody here have some? Parting out?

LC2 ROD

The original LC2 ROD
WTB, I thought I would look local first, Going to be repairing a 87 GN that had a minor engine bay fire on the left side.
Stuff like engine and body wiring harness, left inner fender, wiper motor, P/S res, cruise control vacuum actuator,
hood cable, Powermaster or vacuum brake booster (was changed over to vacuum)
Underhood pad, lower steering shaft, possible alt and A/C comp with lines.
Probably more, I will make a better list. Here is a pic
If someone is parting one out, one stop shopping.
Hood and fender are OK, just needs re-paint.

PM please, Let me know, thanks.

485.jpg

487.jpg

488.jpg

Robert, PSIEDV6 on here, usually has a bunch of stuff for sale on here, eBay, and craigslist. You might hit him up.

I just converted my race car to manual steering, so I have the P/S res and steering shaft.
RJ what steering box did you use. I hope its a close ratio box or the car may want to track funny. I used one out of a S 10 Blazer in my 8 second race car years ago & It took too much movement of the wheel to keep the car in the groove. A different box cured the problem. Just so your aware of it.

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the info. I did use a box out of an S 10, but I'm not sure of the ratio. It takes about 4-1/2 turns from lock to lock and is the same box Nick is running in his car.

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the info. I did use a box out of an S 10, but I'm not sure of the ratio. It takes about 4-1/2 turns from lock to lock and is the same box Nick is running in his car.
RJ wasn't an issue till I went to a V/8 & the quicker I went the more steering I had to use to keep the car in the groove. A quicker ratio box solved the problem but created another by making it harder to steer & maneuver in the pits. So I traded one problem for another. I wouldn't worry about it but keep it in the back of your mind & possibly benefit from my experience.

I have original PS Reservoir, steering shaft, steering gear box, and steering linkage (center link and tie rods) from my GN. if you still need them let me know.