Looking for rpms at 65 to 70mph while cruising

I know lots of guys that run NL converters and don't even get close to overheating on the highways, myself included..... and I beat the living crap out of mine and have for the last 4 years with a 2800 stall NL PTC and I drive 100km's a day on the highway, every day as long as there isn't snow on the ground. Why do guys keep spreading this crap? Get a decent cooler (what you should be running anyways)

No idea. In the grand scheme of things it wasn't too long ago when there were no lock up converters OR overdrive tyrannies. Not to mention damn near ever car had enough power to tow.

About 21-2200 at 70 with a 275/60 in the back with a lockup converter
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well I'm running 3500 at 70 I do have a cooler on it but just wondering why mines so high. Transmission is getting ordered from Lonnie next week

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

have your converter sent in checked and refreshed before you ruin lonnies trans

Well your sig shows NON LOCK converter so its not locking up you have no Overdrive..Stay off the highway just cruise your going to overheat the trans/converter if you drive it like that for long periods of time.
Overdrive and lockup are 2 totally different things. Overdrive is the 4th gear in the transmission. Lockup is a clutch in the torque converter. In a stock setup the TCC will lock up in both 3rd and 4th gear.

Overdrive and lockup are 2 totally different things. Overdrive is the 4th gear in the transmission. Lockup is a clutch in the torque converter. In a stock setup the TCC will lock up in both 3rd and 4th gear.

Thanks, i guess i usually never felt my 4th gear? My Vigilante 7 disk converter would lock so damn hard that i would just feel it LU and wouldnt feel any more gear changes after that

With a TT chip or Extender chip, my TC only locks in 4th so no shift after lockup.

I think something is wrong with converter I talked to dave and Lonnie both say ptc 10 inch needs to go Lonnie said the lock up part is not good or something like that.